Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dizzy Pig rub insight wanted

I love trying different rubs and marinades and after reading the reviews here and elsewhere, I'm planning on ordering several of these rubs.  Definitely getting the Dizzy Dust which seems like a popular cover-all for many different cooks and a crowd pleaser when you can't use too much heat and would seem a perfect fit for ribs and pork butt which I do quite a bit of.....also Raging River and Shaking the Tree for seafood and/or chicken.....and then some Swamp Venom for myself since I love the heat and the rest of the family doesn't.  Thinking of maybe doing one rack of ribs with this from time to time for me and the rest in Dizzy Dust or something with less heat for the masses, but probably couldn't use it for a single piece of meat.

My main quandary is what rub to consider for brisket.  The two I'm considering are the Red Eye Express and also Cow Lick.....or maybe just Dizzy Dust?  Any thoughts on these or anything else would be appreciated.  I love the fact that they have many different options which certainly speaks to their R&D, but can be a bit confusing as well.    Thanks!! 

LBGE

Cedar table w/granite top

Ceramic Grillworks two-tier swing rack

Perpetual cooler of ice-cold beer

Comments