Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Surf and Turf for my wife on Mothers Day

Technically we did this a day early but that's because we are joining the masses and going out for dinner tonight.  Our local "Whole Foods" type of place called Earth Fare had a sale on grass fed Filet Mignon and a Lobster Tail for 9.99 and my wife and I jumped right on that as we did for valentines day as well.  The steak is amazing and although she doesn't like Lobster I certainly do and more for me :)

I cut the tail in half and basted with butter and a little garlic and threw them on flesh side first for about 5 minutes (they were still somewhat frozen). I then flipped them over and basted with some more butter/garlic mixture and threw the filets on as well.   Didn't do a high temp cook with the steaks it was already 8PM and we were at baseball fields all day we were starving.

Took off the filet and let it rest after giving it the poke test for a good medium rare

I can't say enough about this beef.  Grass fed, you could cut it with a butter knife and the lobster was so good as well!  

Oh yeah and I made the kids (the reason for our Mothers Day) a Mushroom and Swiss burger and 2 of them had cheddar burgers

Sorry for the lack of details.  I'm beat from yesterday and I had 4 hours of sleep and back to the grind today for the kids!   

Have a great Mothers Day everyone!
Large BGE

Comments