Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Spreading the love this Valentine’s Day with your EGG? Virginia Willis’ three course menu is perfect for a date night! February is also National Chocolate Lover’s Month, so don’t feel guilty if you’ve been cooking a little more dessert than usual on your EGG. If you’re looking for something a little more savory than chocolate, try some Roasted Chicken Flatbread or Pork Tenderloin with Honey Mustard.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and the Culinary Center too!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

wings & table pics

Hey guys, I finally got around to doing wings the other night. Cooked them indirect around 375 for about 1.5-2 hours. Sauced them for the last 30 minutes or so with Honey BBQ, Buffalo & Teriyaki. They turned out great! Can't wait to cook them again. Also, I am finally posting pics of my egg "table" that my father-in-law and I built it last summer.
L-BGE | Westminster, MD

Comments

• JebpotJebpot Posts: 361
    That looks cool.. Food looked great also.

XL and Small

Chattanooga, TN

• Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    I like that table, different, great design and safe!  Looks great.
  • frankc623frankc623 Posts: 163
    Thanks. Space on the deck was limited, so instead of a normal egg table, we thought this would be a better way to go.
    L-BGE | Westminster, MD
  • AviatorAviator Posts: 1,550

Now that is thinking outside the table! I love it. And you have a portable egg.

Do you have that area of the deck floor covered with tiles as well?

Large and Small BGE, and a baby black Kub.

And all the toys to make me look like a Gizmo Chef.

>:)

Chattanooga, TN.

no, the deck floor is just the decking boards. I need to get a mat or something to put under the egg so I don't catch the deck on fire!
    L-BGE | Westminster, MD
  • Cookbook_ChipCookbook_Chip Posts: 768
    Great table idea!
    Lovin' my Large Egg since May 2012 (Richmond, VA) ... and makin' cookbooks at http://familycookbookproject.com
    Stoker II wifi, Thermapen, and a Fork for plating photo purposes
  • FanOfFanboysFanOfFanboys Posts: 1,888
    Unique 'table'
    And while Egg does a lot of great things I think it does chicken better than anything. Would literally say worlds best chicken is done on a Egg. Whole, wings, don't care.
    I can see steak and burgers done better some other way. I can't see chicken done any better. And wings are my go to meal on it.
    Everything you did looks great
    Boom
    Thanks guys
    L-BGE | Westminster, MD
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 15,219
    Love the table... Great idea.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • chris123stockchris123stock Posts: 664
    looks good, I like the table,  but the wings,  oh I love wings, really I like any meat. great job though.
    :)>-
  • What an original idea!!!!  Love it!!  What did you use under the tiles??  Backerboard?

LGE in da house.

Bucks County,  PA

• HDumptyEsqHDumptyEsq Posts: 1,095
    Unique approach - love it.

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

Medium BGE, New Braunfels off-set smoker, 3-burner Charbroiler gasser, mainly used for Eggcessory  storage, old electric upright now used for Amaz-N-Smoker.

"I like cooking with wine - sometimes I put it in the food." - W. C. Fields

• KtimKtim Posts: 364
    That is the best Egg area I have ever seen, I have the prefect spot on my deck for one like it. What did you use under the tile? Maybe plywood and greenboard? I am going to start on one tomorrow! I have been looking for the perfect table plans for a few months now and this is it.Thank You! ^:)^
    sumpter township Mi.
  • johnmitchelljohnmitchell Posts: 2,966
    Nothing more to be said...Awesome design and looks fantastic..The wings also look Killer..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
    I can`t stop coming back and drooling about that table,what did you use for the front edge and how did you bend it around the inside?
    sumpter township Mi.
    Thanks for all the nice comments guys. This was all my father-in-laws idea. We used 1/2" or 3/4" plywood and backer board under the tile and also used 2x4's underneath for support. For the edge we used aluminum edging. We scored the aluminum and carefully bent it, and we used the plywood cutout to form the curve. It was attached with adhesive and a few nice finishing screws. Hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions!
    L-BGE | Westminster, MD
    Thanks again. that table is awesome! ^:)^
    sumpter township Mi.
    Thanks!
    L-BGE | Westminster, MD