Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you all had a big green St. Patrick’s Day! While you’re waiting for it to be Easter time, try some of the new recipes we’ve recently added to our website. One of our favorite dishes is the Easy Jambalaya with Beef, and our favorite sweet & savory treat is the Sweet Cream Crostini.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Turbo brisket?

EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 10,449
edited May 2013 in Beef
Uhhh...

So I grabbed a 12 lb packer from le butcher and trimmed the big guy to just over 10 lbs. I Cowlicked it and put it on at 2300 at 248 grid.

This morning, I woke to the Maverick alarming that the meat was 190(probe test time) at 0650(grid 260). The meat wasn't quite buttery enough so I land o' lakes'd it for another hour. At 0800, I pulled this meteorite off with a point at 205 and flat at 196-198. Buttery all around.

It sure smells purdy... This was supposed to be dinner(pull off around noon) but will instead be lunch. It's been FTC'ing for just over 3 hours now. We will see...
·

Comments

• yeah buddy. Lunch at your house if going to be awesome today.

·
  • FoghornFoghorn Posts: 2,108
    What was that address again? I seem to have missed a turn.

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

·
  • chainsaw19chainsaw19 Posts: 257
    I can be there in 10 minutes
    Large BGE Middletown, MD
    ·
  • U_tardedU_tarded Posts: 1,249
    They are such unique monsters you could do the next one and it could take 50%more time. Looks like you got a solid win there this time.
    ·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 5,815
    Mmmmmmm....sure looks good!   The brisket gods have shined their light on you, and want you to enjoy it sooner.  For dinner you can have a @Hennapple Steak Sandwich.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • chris123stockchris123stock Posts: 664
    man that looks Awsome,  yep looks like the whole crew is coming over,  cool the beers.
    :)]
    ·
  • chris123stockchris123stock Posts: 664
    yep coming over. Looks good,  awsome job.
    ^:)^
    ·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,055
    I've had one on since midnight, 9 lbs, just coming out of the plateau now. Hope it turns out as god as yours

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,583
    Looks freakin awesome!!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 10,449

I've had one on since midnight, 9 lbs, just coming out of the plateau now. Hope it turns out as god as yours

What is your temp? I have no idea how mine went so fast at 250–260 the whole cook. Perhaps tree gnomes messed with my vent settings while I slept.
    ·
  • SmokinDAWG82SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,704
    Mann Egg, that looks awesome now I want brisket!
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
  • nailed it dude. That looks awesome

·
    What is your temp? I have no idea how mine went so fast at 250–260 the whole cook. Perhaps tree gnomes messed with my vent settings while I slept.

220, 230 area. Dome thermo needed adjusting and I was too lazy

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • I've had one on since midnight, 9 lbs, just coming out of the plateau now. Hope it turns out as god as yours

220, 230 area. Dome thermo needed adjusting and I was too lazy

whaaaaaat????? you don't kow your exact temp down the 1/16th of a degree? However will you not completely ruin your food. Impossible. Some would even call it laughable. I'm telling meat head.

·
    Forgive me. I wish there was somewhere I could go for advice.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • Forgive me. I wish there was somewhere I could go for advice.

i know a guy............

·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 5,894
    Sometimes ya just gotta fudge the specs...especially with Q.  We all know how you have to dial it in to the minutest detail-'specially if not egging in the land of Texas :)
    Louisville
    ·
    Here are my "good" pictures I mentioned earlier...

imageimage
    ·
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 6,381
    Great job on that pretty hunk of beef...
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,025
    Looks so good man
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • Very nice smoke ring.  That looks like a great brisket there!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!
    ·
  • MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 3,888
    Home run!

LBGE & SBGE (big momma and pat)
    ·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 5,815
    =D>

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
    Nice, Mine didn't fare so well

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,583
    You take some good "good " pictures, man.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 6,452
    Nice, really nice - by your time schedule, this could have happened over the day. Basically on for 9 hours, FTC for two or three. Now I get the title - DUH....
    What did you do with the leftovers?

Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • Nice, Mine didn't fare so well

Bummer what happened?

·

Nice, really nice - by your time schedule, this could have happened over the day. Basically on for 9 hours, FTC for two or three. Now I get the title - DUH....

What did you do with the leftovers?

I haven't decided yet. Perhaps tacos or chili. Maybe henapples beef sandwich.
    ·
    edited May 2013
    Nice, Mine didn't fare so well
    Bummer what happened?
    I foiled it and bumped the temp to finish and drank too much. It was fall apart and only got about ten good slices. The guests raved. Used oak for the first time and liked it. I think I need a digital dome thermo.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·