Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ladies on the forum

Bordello
Bordello Posts: 5,926
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi All,
Just wondering how many Ladies are posting on the forum??? Where is BBQ Beth and PuppyBreath???? Been 2 1/2 weeks without my eggs, that will be corrected this Saturday when I get back to Ca.[p]Cheers,
New Bob

Comments

• mollyshark
    mollyshark Posts: 1,519
    New Bob,[p]Well, I'm female if that is what you are asking. Beyond that, I'm just one of the guys![p]mShark
  • Bordello
    Hi Miss Molly,
    I had no doubt you are female even if just one of the guys. I'm just getting so damn old I can't keep track of ya all.
    also wondering if some of the ladies are reading but not posting.[p]Regards,
    New Bob
    getting old.

• QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    New Bob,[p]Ditto what Mollyshark said![p]Tonia
    :~)

• Bordello
    QBabe,
    O.k.
    Got 2 now, things are looking good. I always enjoy reading and learning from our lady eggers.[p]Thanks,
    New Bob

• mollyshark
    mollyshark Posts: 1,519
    New Bob,[p]Whatcha trying to learn? Maybe we could tailor this conversation a little closer to your needs.[p]mShark
  • Bordello
    mollyshark,
    Hmmmmm,that's an interesting question. Just trying to see what the ladies are teaching, I'm always willing to learn.[p]Cheers,
    New Bob
    LOL

• New Bob,
    I have met them both Mollyshark and Qbabe and considered them to be very much Ladies.

• Hi NewBob. I'm a fairly new female egger. I'm mostly a reader as I have lots to learn, and have learned much from many here. Just put two 7 lb. butts on with my BBQ Guru and anticipating lots of good pulled pork for my friends this holiday. Seems like this is a largely male population. I've really been impressed with the breadth of food knowledge displayed here, not just BBQ. Thanks everyone.
  • Bordello
    Charles in SC,
    Be sure I have no doubt about them being ladies, they also have a sense of humor which I like. Hope to meet them myself one day.[p]Regards,
    New Bob

• poqal
    poqal Posts: 53
    New Bob,[p]I'm here. I mostly read. All the testosterone here skeers me. I'm the shy, retiring type. Plus that BlueSmoke guy doesn't let me on the 'puter much. :c)[p]poqal
  • Bordello
    poqal,
    Oh good, post more and don't let old BlueSmoke buffalo ya. Him probably make smoke signals with "funny" smoke. LOL
    Does he let you use the egg????[p]Thanks,
    New Bob

• ... I've see'd it and tasted it. How is the foot?? Enquiring minds want to know ;)

• New Bob,
    I am proud to be one of the ladies of the forum, and a proud member of the cult. Unlike your lucky wives though, my husband does not cook at all. Does nothing that involves applying heat to food except toast. What he ate before we got married remains a mystery to this day, as he lived alone for many years.[p]Barbara

• SyraQ
    SyraQ Posts: 95
    New Bob,[p]I'm another lady who's one of the guys. Four years now of impressing family and friends all because I decided to look up an authentic pulled pork recipe and ended up in the recipe section, then the forum, then typing in my zip code and finding a dealer just a few miles away...the rest is history.
    Hope to someday appear at Eggtoberfest.[p]

• Uh, huh now that's a question I can't resist - well on second thought I guess I have to though...no telling how much trouble that would get me.
  • Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Syraq, oh you should make it to EGGtoberfest. It's a great time and you meet the nicest people (like QBabe and MollyShark).

• Bordello
    Syraq,
    WOW,
    This is fun, I bet you can egg up one heck of a meal. Have you posted pictures of your food also???[p]Thanks,
    New Bob

• Bordello
    luvmyegg,
    Thanks for stepping up. All I can say is it sounds like your hubby should sure be glad you came along. Now did he go from slim and trim to round and robust??? (Grin)[p]Thanks,
    New Bob

• poqal
    poqal Posts: 53
    Hi Bob - [p]Sure he let's me use the Egg! It's more a matter of time. I'm the bread winner. He's the bread maker. :c) Actually, it's a fabulous role reversal that I am very grateful for. It's wonderful coming home to an Egg-cellent dinner every night. But I have lump under my fingernails every chance I get. This past week-end I was experimenting with grilled artichokes. [p]Thanks for asking, Bob. [p]poqal

• New Bob,[p]You haven't posted your definition of "lady" or "woman" or "broad" for that matter. Nevertheless, here I am, a female on the board--uh oh forgot I've got a nuclear burn going to clean out the egg...gotta go!
  • Bordello
    crkscrw,
    Yea, another one checks in. Oh, definition question for me, if ya be female you're a lady to me. Did I get any points with that one?????[p]Seriously, hope the nuclear burn went well. I did one on my large a few months ago and popped a piece of the green glaze about the size of a half dollar off.[p]Thanks,
    New Bob

• Bordello
    poqal,
    Hi,
    Sounds like a great relationship, glad ya have it all worked out. There is nothing like having a partner one can share things with, glad he lets you get your fingernails dirty now and then.
    How were the artichokes???[p]My best to Ken.

Cheers & Beers,
    New Bob

• New Bob,[p]I a female egger from the DC area. Have not been able to attend Eggtoberfest, however, I have gone to several Eggfest in Waldorf, including cooking at last two. Have 4 eggs (2 large, 1 small, 1 mini) and lots of friend-eggers from the Fest. Single, but love to share egg-food with friends and family.
  • billyg
    billyg Posts: 315
    really seems like sort of a dumb post to me. I always though of the forum as non gender. It seems sort of obvious (by the signature) that there are female eggers. But gender was name alone and the rest was just like everyone else.
  • New Bob,[p]Since you asked....<raising hand as female egghead>[p]Not sure I am "one of the guys" but I sure enjoy the guys and my BGE. Just stocked up on Cowboy Lump for the holiday weekend. Time to kick off some experiments before EggtoberFest. Yum!

• New Bob, In December 03, I could not sleep and went through the Profiles and garnered the information shown below. I lurk, seldom post, but still I am cult like with BGE and my other brand ceramic. Maybe someday I will update this chart. First # is total, second # are ladies or ladies who are one of the guys like mS stated below.[p]State/Country # Ladies
    Alabama 34 1
    Alaska 3 1
    Arizona 17 3
    Arkansas 6 1
    California 53 4
    Colorado 13 1
    Connecticut 6
    Delaware
    Washington, D.C.1 1
    Florida 68 6
    Georgia 133 8
    Hawaii 3
    Idaho
    Illinois 27 1
    Indiana 10
    Iowa 10 3
    Kansas 15 1
    Kentucky 6 1
    Louisiana 7
    Maine 8 1
    Maryland 18 2
    Massachusetts 27
    Michigan 16 2
    Minnesota 7
    Mississippi 16
    Missouri 33 2
    Montana 2
    Nebraska 2 1
    Nevada 3
    New Hampshire 5 1
    New Jersey 12 1
    New Mexico 10
    New York 19 3
    North Carolina 43 1
    North Dakota
    Ohio 25 2
    Oklahoma 4
    Oregon 10
    Pennsylvania 28 1
    Rhode Island
    South Carolina 12
    South Dakota
    Tennessee 23 3
    Texas 66 9
    Utah 3 1
    Vermont
    Virginia 37 1
    Washington 14
    West Virginia 3 2
    Wisconsin 7 1
    Wyoming
    Australia 5
    Canada 24 1
    United Kingdom 1
    China 1 1
    Taiwan 1
    No Loc Listed 5 [p]

• Bordello
    toomanybbqgrls,
    That is impressive, you must have spent a lot of time for those numbers. Too bad their not all posting.[p]Regards,
    New Bob

• Bordello
    PRobinson,
    Thanks,
    You ladies have it going on, I'm glad we have so many of you that are hands on.[p]Keep on Egg-en,
    Cheers,
    New Bob

• Bordello
    yoyo_in_atlanta,
    Great to have yet another lady join in. Hope the eggsperiments this weekend go well. Maybe post a picture or two if you can.[p]A great holiday weekend to you,
    New Bob

• J Appledog
    J Appledog Posts: 1,046
    Hey, don't forget about me, New Bob!