Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Central Market Got Me Again

Options
CPARKTX
CPARKTX Posts: 2,095
I have a love/hate relationship with CM. Love the food, beer, wine, cheese, etc. Hate that I can't seem to go for less than $200. Tonight went in for a duck, came out with duck, lobster, corn, beer, cheese and flowers. Didn't start until after work, so fired up the Small.
LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  

Comments

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    edited May 2013
    Options
    The lobster looks great.  Where's the 1/2 cup of clarified butter?

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Charlie tuna
    Charlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Options
    I have to hide that Lobster dinner from my wife!!! 
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    I guess if it makes you feel better just the duck and the lobster by themselves would be close to 200 bucks for me. Everything else is gravy.
    ;)
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • CPARKTX
    Options
    @Village Idiot - I must have snapped the photo before I added the lemon butter...it's just be silly to have lobster without!
  • RV10Flyer
    RV10Flyer Posts: 140
    Options
    That looks great.  Lobster is on my list to try soon.  Thanks for posting.

North Texas

XL and Small BGE

• FearlessTheEggNoob
    FearlessTheEggNoob Posts: 888
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Whats the time and temp info for lobster on the egg?
    Gittin' there...
  • CPARKTX
    Options
    @FearlessTheEggNoob - I used a Bobby Flay recipe and boiled for 5 minutes, split opened the tops lengthwise (see photo), and grilled raised direct starting with bottom side down, flipping once. Temp was around 400 dome. I eyeballed it on doneness looking at the texture and color. The meat turns white and firms up when done.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    You might want to try the w/o the foil. Works for us just fine and you save a step. No husk as well. Real nice cook. Heading to CM today or Sunday.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Great lookin meal. I hear ya on the loving and hating Central Market. I'm not allowed to go more than once every 6months, because I give them way too much of my money. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,961
    edited May 2013
    Options
    caliking said:
    Great lookin meal. I hear ya on the loving and hating Central Market. I'm not allowed to go more than once every 6months, because I give them way too much of my money. 

we go every week..... :-O
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • CPARKTX
    Options
    @Mickey - thanks ill give that a try next time.