Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Where can i get a good swing rack????

im looking for a good swing rack..and ceramic grill works websight is tripping......so is there anywhere else that i can purchase one!!!!
"Ask not what your Egg can do for you, but what you can do for your egg" 1LBG 1XLBG , Grilling, JimBeam, and Life....What else is there??!!!!!

Comments

• EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,550
    I don't think so.
  • Solson005Solson005 Posts: 1,910
    You can always give Franco a call 1-877-714-7455 I highly recommend the swing rack, it lives in my large egg. I just checked the website and everything seemed to be fine as I added one to my cart and didn't run across any issues, although buying it could be something else. 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • Solson005 said:

You can always give Franco a call 1-877-714-7455 I highly recommend the swing rack, it lives in my large egg. I just checked the website and everything seemed to be fine as I added one to my cart and didn't run across any issues, although buying it could be something else. 

I'm looking at buying the swing rack soon. Did you have to purchase the shaft kit from them for the top rack to be able to use the plate setter? I want to be able to use the plate setter with the swing rack but not sure if this will work with the stock equipment.
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."

RTR
  • CGW1CGW1 Posts: 332
    @BigGreenHead. Not sure what issues you are experiencing. Checked the site and all is fine. Please try again or call me at 877-714-7455 and i will be happy to take order. .Thanks
    Franco Ceramic Grillworks www.ceramicgrillworks.com
  • KennyLeeKennyLee Posts: 700

I have the CGW swing rack also and cannot recommend it highly enough.  It was exactly what I had in mind when I emarked on the search.  High quality, very versatile and extrememly easy to use.

@Egger.....I did not get the shaft kit, at least not yet.  The basic setup works fine with the plate setter in or out, however the shaft kit will just give you more vertical space for your top rack should you need it.  For what I've used it for so far, the basic setup has been great.

LBGE

Cedar table w/granite top

Ceramic Grillworks two-tier swing rack

Perpetual cooler of ice-cold beer

• ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,587
    KennyLee said:

I have the CGW swing rack also and cannot recommend it highly enough.  It was exactly what I had in mind when I emarked on the search.  High quality, very versatile and extrememly easy to use.

@Egger.....I did not get the shaft kit, at least not yet.  The basic setup works fine with the plate setter in or out, however the shaft kit will just give you more vertical space for your top rack should you need it.  For what I've used it for so far, the basic setup has been great.

Have any pics?

Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Just got my 2 Tier from Ceramic Grill Works.  Couldnt be happier. The $180 price for the XL BGE is worth every penny IMHO!!!

• KennyLeeKennyLee Posts: 700
    Chubbs said:

Have any pics?

What are you wanting pics of and I can take them.  The swing rack itself or during cooks?

LBGE

Cedar table w/granite top

Ceramic Grillworks two-tier swing rack

Perpetual cooler of ice-cold beer

• EggHeadinFloridaEggHeadinFlorida Posts: 428
    edited May 2013
    I just seasoned it per the directions it came with. Btw did anyone else's discolor like mine? Just curious
    image.jpg 886.8K
    image.jpg 2.3M
  • Solson005Solson005 Posts: 1,910
    @EGGerAllanPoe I do not have the shaft kit and use it with my platesetter all the time. 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • MaskedMarvelMaskedMarvel Posts: 1,363
    Absolutely.  Love.  My.  Swing Rack!!!
    Large BGE -- Greensboro!

• chrisnjennchrisnjenn Posts: 534
    I have the swing rack and AR system. I never use my swing rack anymore. The AR is way more versatile and is built more solid. http://www.ceramicgrillstore.com/big-green-egg-large-adjustable-rig.html
  • DomCalDomCal Posts: 31
    Yep, the AR will be my next accessory purchase for sure