Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Merry Christmas and may your holiday be filled with delicious food and loved ones...to help you devour the food! Our Holiday Entertaining Guide can help if you’re still making a Christmas menu. If you’re looking for fun, last minute holiday activities, check out EGGcellent Sugar Cookies, BGE Cake Pops, Santa Hat Brownies, Pig Candy or Holiday Drinks! See you in the New Year EGGheads!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

OT - Squirrel Repellent Idea

Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 1,977
My wife and I are trying to turn our thumbs green this year. We have all sorts of goodies that are growing great so far. My wife was really excited the other day when our first strawberry turned from green to red. Well yesterday I went back there and either squirrels or a rabbit tore into our strawberries. :( Having the day off today, I decided to play Mr. Martha Stewart.

First, I sprinkled some peppermint oil granules around the perimeter of the garden and then came up with this. Hot glued a bamboo skewer on the bottom of a glad ware cup. Used a hole punch and punched holes all around under the lip of the container. Then filled them with moth balls, placed the lid on and placed them periodically around the garden. The lid acts as a rain barrier so no water gets in. Squirrels don't like the smell of moth balls nor peppermint. I saw something similar on YouTube, but I used glad ware cups instead. We will see if it keeps them out.
2014 Co-Wing King

Comments