Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for September? We’re ready as ever for football season! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. Either way they’re sure to become a fan favorite! We couldn’t forget about Labor Day...we have recipes and cook out ideas to celebrate the long weekend no matter what you’re doing. And lastly, be sure to cook up a batch (or five) of bacon for National Bacon Day! We can’t wait to fall into cooler weather with you!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Leftover Brisket Sloppy Joes

I had a leftover brisket this week and wanted to do something different with the last of it.  I decided to make brisket sloppy joes.

The full recipe is on my blog but you don't really need it.  Just use shredded brisket in your favorite homemade sloppy joe recipe.  Saute peppers and onions, add garlic, then simmer with tomato sauce, ketchup, whatsthishere sauce and some spices.  But they turned out REALLY good.
Knoxville, TN

Comments

• dpittarddpittard Posts: 126
    That looks delicious!  Seems like a much tastier alternative to a regular 'Joe too, and I loooveee sloppy joes.

LBGE with a massive wish list
    Athens, Ga.
  • JamieoroJamieoro Posts: 180
    Looks awesome!
  • ScottborasjrScottborasjr Posts: 3,135
    That sounds amazing!!! Also sounds like another saving recipe for dried out brisket.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 7,088

=P~

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• NibbleMeThisNibbleMeThis Posts: 2,254
    LOL @Scottborasjr, too funny.  

I've gotten pretty good with briskets but this one wasn't mine.  It was the leftover of Big Bob Gibson's 4th place brisket at the Rocky Top BBQ Cookoff last weekend.  Hard to go wrong when I started with that as leftovers :))
    Knoxville, TN
  • bud812bud812 Posts: 1,462
    I've done the same with Tri-Tip. Good stuff.

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,725
    Wonderful idea, Chris! And beautiful pic! Your spilled fritos look a lot more appetizing than the fritos under my sofa cushion. ;)
  • Crispix49Crispix49 Posts: 190
    Good timing on this post for me...made brisket today and have about 2-3 lbs leftover. May cutout some ingredients that we don't already have to make it simple and not have to make a special trip to the store. Thanks for posting.
    Atlanta suburbs
    Large & Mini owner
    UGA Alum - Go Dawgs!
  • yzziyzzi Posts: 1,793
    That's a fine idea you have there.
    Dunedin, FL