Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

flat iron sandwiches

henapple
henapple Posts: 16,025
Just a simple cook. Flat iron done with reverse sear. Let in cool then shredded it in the food processor. Warmed in back up in simmering mix of:

2 cups of beef broth
1 stick of butter
Tbs salt
Tbs rub
splash wor sauce

Strained beef while hoagie rolls toasted a little. removed rolls, piled on the beef, covered in cheese and then back in the oven till the cheese was melted. I didnt have time to get portobellos and shrooms but they were still good. The best I've done this was was brisket flat.

I hope to have some time this weekend to start my barrel cabinet project. Also a pic of my "grill gloves"...$1.50

Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 

Comments

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,629
    That's a good looking sammich

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• SmokinDAWG82
    SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,705
    I'll have one of those, darn that looks and sounds good...
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Looks amazing!! Where did you steal the pics from? Lol

Great looking food and love the pics! Nicely done.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Looks awesome! However, you left a "h" and an "e" out of the last ingredient. Well, those and some other letters. I had to "lower the bar" for your renowned sense of humor.   ;)
  • henapple
    cazzy said:

Looks amazing!! Where did you steal the pics from? Lol

Great looking food and love the pics! Nicely done.

I love my son's rebel t3...when I can steal it.
  • Great lookin sammy.  Gettin too close to lunch to look at this.  I recognize those gloves too.  Yours are a little cleaner lookin than mine.

Damascus, VA.  Friendliest town on the Appalachian Trail.

LBGE Aug 2012, SBGE Feb 2014

• henapple
    I just picked up a 3 pack. My last ones looked like I had changed an engine out.
  • fletcherfam
    fletcherfam Posts: 935
    @henapple, where did you pick up the barrel?
  • henapple
    From a restaurant was working at... Free.
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Very nice man...great pics!  

Hennaple's Steak Sandwich is born! 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    Looks great, I've never shredded meat after cooking in the food processor  :-? Its amazing the things you learn from other great cooks! 

I just want to know when you are going to start delivering those barrels across the country… Sign me up for that and we can up the delivery fee from PBR to Woodford and a feast at my house! 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • Charlie tuna
    Charlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    That sammich picture should be against the law !!  Endless possibilities here!!
  • henapple
    It was born out of a failed brisket...
  • daffy1909
    daffy1909 Posts: 498
    henapple said:
    Just a simple cook. Flat iron done with reverse sear. Let in cool then shredded it in the food processor. Warmed in back up in simmering mix of:

2 cups of beef broth
    1 stick of butter
    Tbs salt
    Tbs rub
    splash wor sauce

Strained beef while hoagie rolls toasted a little. removed rolls, piled on the beef, covered in cheese and then back in the oven till the cheese was melted. I didnt have time to get portobellos and shrooms but they were still good. The best I've done this was was brisket flat.

I hope to have some time this weekend to start my barrel cabinet project. Also a pic of my "grill gloves"...$1.50

i have the samegrill gloves!!!my employer has plenty!!
    [-X
  • NibbleMeThis
    NibbleMeThis Posts: 2,295
    Can't wait to see how the project turns out.  A friend of mine is getting me a mini bourbon barrel that I want to make into a cold smoker.
    Knoxville, TN
    Nibble Me This