Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dragons breath, Komodo joe lump

My dealer carries these two brands now plus WGWW

Anyone tried them?

Plan on buying some WGWW for sure next time I'm over there.

XLBGE 

Comments

• Black_Badger
    Black_Badger Posts: 1,182
    The dragon's breath got a very solid review on NW site. I'd certainly snatch some of that up (assuming reasonable price). 

Living in SoCal and having lousy access to BBQ stuff (lump, rubs, brisket) is starting to be a real drag (but the weather is sure nice)...

Cheers -
    CB
    Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    I'll trade some oo for a bag of the db.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    My butcher carries Dragon Breath. Not bad but nowhere close to Maple Leaf or Basques

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    henapple said:

I'll trade some oo for a bag of the db.

I'm down with that.

XLBGE 
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    edited May 2013

Kamado Joe is South American stuff......for now.

• dlk7
    dlk7 Posts: 1,053
    Todd at Smokinfyrpit hooked me up with 10 bags of dragaon breath last year when he was driving through Nashville.  I really like the lump a lot.

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

• MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    @stlcharcoal

What does that mean?

XLBGE 
  • dlk7
    dlk7 Posts: 1,053

Can hardly wait to try stlcharcoal's rockwood lump.

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

• stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    dlk7 said:

Can hardly wait to try stlcharcoal's rockwood lump.

Packaging it up this afternoon!  It will go out tomorrow or Monday.
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,629
    KJ lump has a lot of huge pieces. I had to use a hammer on a lot of it. The only thing I didn't like about was it seemed to take a very long time to burn the VOCS off.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Wylecyot
    Wylecyot Posts: 203
    @Black Badger...where about in So Cal are you located?  I live on the boarder of LA and San Bernardino Counties.  I found WGWW at an Ace dealer.  I bought the few bags they had a couple months ago.  They are a bit out of the way, so I haven't been by in a while to see if they have any more.  Other than that, it's Royal Oak for me (via WalMart).
    Large BGE, Medium BGE, Kamado Joe Jr, 36" Blackstone Griddle Blackstone Tailgater and Roccbox owner/operator from Los Angeles
  • Ottawa_Eggman
    Ottawa_Eggman Posts: 111
    shtgunal3 said:
    KJ lump has a lot of huge pieces. I had to use a hammer on a lot of it. The only thing I didn't like about was it seemed to take a very long time to burn the VOCS off.
    Totally agree. The place I buy my lump used to carry WGWW  and switched to KJ (they are KJ dealer) the owner,s son tried very hard to convince me that it was the exact same lump just a different bag.The guy over sells on very thing in the store..... I told him it may come from the same manufacture but NO WAY is it the same lump,it doesn't even smell the same. Anyhoo seems they had a lot of complaints and have now switched to DB. I have gone through 1 bag so its just a small sample but I liked it. Next up I will try an over night butt to see how it is on a low and slow