Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Egg/Table Cover

2nd attempt:
Eggheads...been using my large Egg several years now, and the green cover I bought for $45 new is worn and leaking when it rains.  So I ordered, then cancelled a new cover for the large Egg/with long table when I found out it was now $109!

My wife Alma to the rescue..she brought home from Sam's Club a BackYard Classic premium Grill Cover that costs just $17.89, and it fits great! It is black, heavy duty and covers it all down to a few inches from the ground. What a bargain...It measures overall 64" long, 2 feet wide, and 42" high. I know, that seems huge, but it isn't once it is in place. 
Gary Buscombe
Tulsa, OK

Comments

• SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,196
    Sounds like a good buy. The issue I've noticed with inexpensive covers is the inability to breathe. They keep the weather off the egg but unfortunately do not allow air circulation. After a rain, the sun can create a mini hot house with high humidity. Let us now how it works for you. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
  • My wife came to the rescue on my table cover also.  We bought a HD Tarp at Harbor Freight and she stitched it up to be the perfect fit for the egg and table. 

Damascus, VA.  Friendliest town on the Appalachian Trail.

LBGE Aug 2012, SBGE Feb 2014

• henapplehenapple Posts: 14,687
    I keep mine in the living room. Makes a nice sofa table.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN