Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lump hoarding

2»

Comments

• gabriegger
    gabriegger Posts: 682
    Am down to 9 bags of BGE left over from a 14 bag two for one sale.  3/4's bag of Nature's Own and one bag of Royal Oak Stargrill.  Just a mere rookie I suppose.

the city above Toronto - Noodleville wtih 2 Large 1 Mini

• tazcrash
    tazcrash Posts: 1,852
    down to 1/2 a bag of crap, I mean stubbs, 2 bags of OO, and a bag of Central Market mesquite Lump.  
    the last 2 will be a new adventure for me. 

Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    tazcrash said:

down to 1/2 a bag of crap, I mean stubbs, 2 bags of OO, and a bag of Central Market mesquite Lump.  

the last 2 will be a new adventure for me. 

2 bags... We've got to get you some more. I'm on my way.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    I'm still in the process of determining which lump is my favorite, but I expect I'll start hoarding once I figure that out, and especially laying in a stash for winter.

I would think it isn't a problem until you start having multiple stashes (10 bags in the garage, 6 in the shed, 5 on the covered porch, 8 in the attic, 3 in your trunk, 7 in the basement, etc). Or until your wife finds all the sheets and towels in a laundry basket because you wanted to stash more in the linen closet.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• henapple
    No... She finds the towels in my ftc cooler. I personally like to dry off with one after it has been in the cooler a few hours.
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,646
    I thought my dealer was gonna start carrying Ozark Oak. Well I was wrong. Damn it! Henapple, when you gonna be close? Am I gonna have to wait till we get an unofficial fest together? I guess it's Royal Oak for now.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Parallel
    Parallel Posts: 433
    I've got about 50lbs. right now, but when I find a sale I'll be socking away as much I can find room for... hurricane season is coming.

Every time my elbow bends my mouth flies open.
  • henapple
    Where are you.. If you've already told me I'm sorry. I get hammered with request.
  • shtgunal3
    Cullman, AL

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• henapple
    I'm in murfreesboro.. Will be coming through on my way to la soon.
  • MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    @henapple
    How close do you get to north Mississippi?

XLBGE 
  • beteez
    beteez Posts: 548
    I buy 2 bags at est Depot once a month then if I run out, evry grocery store here carries their own brand of Lump, Winn Dixie, Harris Teeter & Publix plus WWally World carries RO year round, Ace has Cpwbay & Green Egg , Lowes has Cowboy, Home Depot carries some brand & Target carries their own brand in the summer.
  • shtgunal3
    Just let me know henapple. I will hook you up with some Al's Homemade Hooch if your interested.

• BillPinNC
    BillPinNC Posts: 68
    3 1/2 bags of Weekend Warrior!
  • henapple

@henapple
    How close do you get to north Mississippi?

Not any closer than I have to... Jk. Will be through meridian soon.
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    I' be curious about getting some shipped to zip 98072. :)

Unfortunately, at 1-2 bags at a time out to the coast lines, it usually ends up around $35/bag via FedEx Ground.  In the Central US, it's about $25/bag after shipping.

Once you go to a pallet or multiple pallets, that can drop the per bag price considerably depending on the routes, delivery location, etc.  Dock or depot delivery is easy if you have the access, because curbside/liftgate service adds money.

Send me an email if you want to talk more about it. 

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    So just when I figure out I like WG, they quit selling through Ace. AAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!! Wrote to WG and they basically said I could drive an hour to Conroe, 3 hrs to San Antonio or 4 hrs to Austin to get some. WTF?? Does WG not like selling charcoal anymore?? Puts a serious damper in my hoarding plans. End rant.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • tazcrash
    edited May 2013
    caliking said:
    So just when I figure out I like WG, they quit selling through Ace. AAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!! Wrote to WG and they basically said I could drive an hour to Conroe, 3 hrs to San Antonio or 4 hrs to Austin to get some. WTF?? Does WG not like selling charcoal anymore?? Puts a serious damper in my hoarding plans. End rant.
    ugg. so you did the research or me. no more WGWW for me. who knows the Mrs likes Austin.
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,314

Finding WGWW-check the WG web site.  They list distributors in various locations.  There may be one that is close enough if you make a large buy.  Found one near me that also handles Ozark Oak-double bonus.  FWIW-

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • tazcrash
    well, the only one nearby is an Ace, will have to call to see if they still have. 

Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
  • onedbguru
    onedbguru Posts: 1,647
    Just made my first restocking trip to Wally-world of the spring - where I purchased 8 additional bags of RO. Not all stores carry it, so it took me a while to find which stores do carry it.