Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Throwing my table into the mix

Options
This was my first real carpentry project, and I had a blast.  Like many others I used the Naked Whiz's plans.  I definitely had a few "Oh S***" moments, but was able to make it work.  I built the table, then got the egg at the end of March.  Now I have cooked at least 3 times per week on it (and a few 4 and 5 days/wk).  I also have plans for the replacement table already.  It's nothing compared to the beautiful tables I have seen on here, but it sure was a lot of fun!

Comments

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Nice job... Be sure to post pictures of your cooks.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • rholt
    rholt Posts: 392
    Options
    Nice job. Looks like you put some tlc into that baby.
  • TMay
    TMay Posts: 87
    Options
    Looks Good Im Getting Ready To Build My Table, And Was Wondering Why Most Put The Egg On The Right Side. Being Right Handed The Workspace Seems To Workbetter On The Right... Am I Missing Something?
    Rowlett, Texas
  • SmokinDAWG82
    SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,705
    Options
    I don't see anything wrong with that, looks good.

LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,647
    Options
    Nice table.... Welcome aboard.

@tmay my egg is in the left side of my table.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    It works and you had fun doing it - that's what counts. Looks good. Enjoy. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • RAC
    RAC Posts: 1,688
    Options
    Nice build! Welcome.

Ricky

Boerne, TX

• TMay
    Options
    <
    shtgunal3 said:

Nice table.... Welcome aboard.

@tmay my egg is in the left side of my table.

I Guess There Will Be Two Of Us Then! Lol

Rowlett, Texas
  • NHbirddogguy
    Options
    TMay said:
    Looks Good Im Getting Ready To Build My Table, And Was Wondering Why Most Put The Egg On The Right Side. Being Right Handed The Workspace Seems To Workbetter On The Right... Am I Missing Something?
    Personally I'm a lefty, so it works.  With that being said, if I turn it around then it's on the left :-) 
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options

TMay said:

Personally I'm a lefty, so it works.  With that being said, if I turn it around then it's on the left :-) 

LOL #-o
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • TMay
    Options

TMay said:

Thats Funny! I Was Starting To Wonder If I Was The Only Righthander Here...
    Rowlett, Texas