Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Throwing my table into the mix

This was my first real carpentry project, and I had a blast.  Like many others I used the Naked Whiz's plans.  I definitely had a few "Oh S***" moments, but was able to make it work.  I built the table, then got the egg at the end of March.  Now I have cooked at least 3 times per week on it (and a few 4 and 5 days/wk).  I also have plans for the replacement table already.  It's nothing compared to the beautiful tables I have seen on here, but it sure was a lot of fun!
·

Comments

• henapplehenapple Posts: 12,832
    Nice job... Be sure to post pictures of your cooks.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • rholtrholt Posts: 368
    Nice job. Looks like you put some tlc into that baby.
    ·
  • TMayTMay Posts: 82
    Looks Good Im Getting Ready To Build My Table, And Was Wondering Why Most Put The Egg On The Right Side. Being Right Handed The Workspace Seems To Workbetter On The Right... Am I Missing Something?
    Rowlett, Texas
    ·
  • SmokinDAWG82SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,704
    I don't see anything wrong with that, looks good.

LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    Nice table.... Welcome aboard.

@tmay my egg is in the left side of my table.

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 6,184
    It works and you had fun doing it - that's what counts. Looks good. Enjoy. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • RACRAC Posts: 1,290
    Nice build! Welcome.

Ricky

Spring, TX

·
    <
    shtgunal3 said:

Nice table.... Welcome aboard.

@tmay my egg is in the left side of my table.

I Guess There Will Be Two Of Us Then! Lol

Rowlett, Texas
    ·
  • TMay said:
    Looks Good Im Getting Ready To Build My Table, And Was Wondering Why Most Put The Egg On The Right Side. Being Right Handed The Workspace Seems To Workbetter On The Right... Am I Missing Something?
    Personally I'm a lefty, so it works.  With that being said, if I turn it around then it's on the left :-) 
    ·
  • cazzycazzy Posts: 6,714

TMay said:

Personally I'm a lefty, so it works.  With that being said, if I turn it around then it's on the left :-) 

LOL #-o
    Just a hack that makes some shitty BBQ...
    ·

TMay said:

Thats Funny! I Was Starting To Wonder If I Was The Only Righthander Here...
    Rowlett, Texas
    ·