Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Miller's Smokehouse in Belton

2»

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Don't forget: Nearest Vespa dealer

Welcome to Vespa Austin!

www.vespaaustin.com/Cached - Similar
    You +1'd this publicly. Undo
    We are located at 304 E. Cesar Chavez, downtown Austin just two buildings west of the Convention Center. Sales For our most current Aprilia, Vespa, Piaggio ...
    Score: 15 / 30
    · 9 Google reviews · Write a review
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Mickey
    Damn, now I want a Vespa :)]
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929

Mickey said:
    Damn, now I want a Vespa :)]

Buy @Village_Idiots old one. He sent me a pic of his riding his new one yesterday...

Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • newby84
    newby84 Posts: 133
    @mickey - I live in Round Rock , I used to live in Belton, to be honest i can't remember what was wrong with it its been so long ago i just remember not being impressed. That's not to say the foods not good, i was just throwing that out there.
  • Mickey
    @newby84 the offer is there. Please join us. Travis eats with his toes, but we put him on the other side of the room so as not to disturb us. His wife just likes to get him out of the house ever so often.

• did you guys ever eat here? What's the verdict?
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Mickey
    @Cen-TexSmoker after you blew us off: NO. Want to give it another shot?

• Mickey said:
    @Cen-TexSmoker after you blew us off: NO. Want to give it another shot?
    yeah- I'll be through a few times the next few weeks. I'll give you a head's up when I get my schedule nailed down.

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,951
    edited May 2013
    Im there right now. I guess these people are tired of Schoep's cuz this place sucks. I got 2 meat plate with fatty brisket and jalapeño cheese sausage. 3/4 of the brisket had no bark so it was like a roast. A little smoke but really bland. Horrible. The sausage was good but the sides were in edible. Truly awful.

The girl told me that business is exploding after the write up and the camera crew from duck dynasty was here last week. It was empty at 1:00 when i showed up (and rightfully so).

If they think this place is anywhere NEAR the other good bbq places in TX I Dont trust anything they write. Really disappointing.

Looks like my girls beat me here though :))

You can skip this road trip. This q was a dime a dozen. image
  • Mickey
    edited May 2013
    Glad it was your turn to buy :bz And thanks for not calling your friends.

• Mickey said:

Glad it was your turn to buy :bz And thanks for not calling your friends.

We might not be friends anymore if I took you there :). I have to say the their jalapeño cheese sausage was really good. Brisket.......not so much. Was really bummed. It never even crossed my mind that it wouldn't be good. Thought I found a little gem, but not to be i guess.
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    I drove right past there at 130. I'm glad I pulled through chuys.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Mickey
    Chuys rules

• I drove right past there at 130. I'm glad I pulled through chuys.

I was still there. Funny. Glad you got chuys. I was bummed. Glad I was in the company dime so at least I wasn't out the $12 :).

• Not quite the bark i was looking for in my "challenger to Franklin". This is really much more an indictment on Dirk than Miller's. they didn't ask for the press, although like any smart restauranteur, they are working it like a rented mule. They must have had a stellar day or cut all perfect pieces for him when he was there. image
  • jdvoracek
    jdvoracek Posts: 9
    Mickey said:
    Never????????????????? In Belton all the time. But I always go to Shoepfs. Still never seen this place.... Somebody call when around and I will meet you there :)]
    Mickey, it's like 4 or 5 blocks from Schoepf's - just map it.  It's small and more of a lunch type place, but we've always had great brisket sandwiches which is all I've had there.  Once I was waiting for flowers at the store just next door and that's how I found it.
  • 2nd and Penolope. I hope I hit it on a bad day but it's not on the centex (not to be confused with the centex roller girls) recommended list fo' sho.