Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pulled pork

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
What cut of pork do I use for pulled pork? Rubs? Type of wood?
Thanks,
RBK

Comments

• Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Options
    RBK, hopefully I'll only get one mouse click... start with about a 5-7 lb Boston Butt, a little of JJ's rub and a nice coating of mustard. So Goooooooooooood!

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    Gfw, Ya covered it "soooo gooood" !! Get it either bone in or boneless..and yell for further flight instructions..
    C~W[p]

• Anthony Up North
    Options
    Gfw,[p]I have been thinking about doing a "fresh ham" (unsmoked ham) on the EGG. the come in about 12-15 lbs whole chunks with the bone in. If I have it cut in half that will be about 7-8 lbs.[p]Is this different than Boston Butt? And if it is, how do you think it would fair as doing it as pulled pork?[p]Anthony

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Anthony Up North,
    Hams are from the opposite end of the hog. Butts, and picnics come from the shoulder, and are quite different. Hams are much leaner, and I doubt you can get one to pull unless you put it in a crock pot. Yet many have done hams on the egg with awesome results.[p]Cheers!
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ