Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

First Spatchcocked Duck

thetrimthetrim Posts: 502
edited May 2013 in EggHead Forum
Thought I'd try something new.  I'm a big fan of Maple Leaf Farm Ducks and have done too many breasts to count.  This was my first try of a whole 6 lb duck. 

Done on the bottom portion of my swing rack indirect w a drip pan.  Got the egg to 300.  At one hour I added 4 thin sliced Yukon Golds and 1/2 of a thin sliced Vidalia Onion w two sprigs of rosemary chopped off the stem.

Temp climbed to 350.

Final time was 3 hours.  Internal of 180.  Next time, I'll maintain temp at 275 and let more of the fat render, remove the drip pan and crisp the skin up a little more before the finish.

All in all, it was great and the potatoes were amazing.  I need to grill at least one duck per month.
=======================================
XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12
Tampa Bay, FL

Comments