Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Get ready to turn up the heat as we dive into August. While there are only a few weeks left to perfect those tailgate recipes, summer isn’t over yet! Two things we’ll be making this month are Chile Rubbed Grilled Pork Chops and Bell Pepper Kabobs. Then, relax after a cookout with a cool dessert cooked on your EGG - Ice Cream Sandwiches! You can mix and match your favorite cookie flavors with ice cream flavors. Simple, yet delicious!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

These were good

Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,352
edited May 2013 in Beef

photo DSC_0034-5.jpg

Marinated the meat for about three hours

photo DSC_0030-5.jpg

photo DSC_0037-8.jpg

photo DSC_0039-6.jpg

photo DSC_0044-6.jpg

photo DSC_0046-7.jpg

Steve 

Caledon, ON

Comments

• r270bar270ba Posts: 763
    Um what and how?  Looks awesome!
    Anderson, SC
    XL BGE, Father's Day Gift 2012 (Thanks Fam!!!)
    Webber Kettle and Webber Summit Gasser
    Want List: Thermapen, Small BGE, Wok, Adjustable Rig, Food Saver, More $

• SmokinDAWG82SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,704
    Looks great, is it skirt steak?
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • Village IdiotVillage Idiot Posts: 6,951
    That meat looks fabulous ..... 
    drool5.gif 2.6K

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• cazzycazzy Posts: 8,259
    Mighty good cook right there!  Meat looks perfectly cooked!
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,903
    Sure looks good!  

How do you use the foodsaver in the bags with the marinade without it sucking the marinade into the machine? Do you just press stop/seal as soon as you start suckin' ?

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,352
    edited May 2013

I thought it was flap but I never saw flap that long. Great with any grainy meat. The marinade/glaze is a Toronto made item sort of a fusion of Asian and British. Just cooked it hot...maybe 450

Steve 

Caledon, ON

Sure looks good!  

How do you use the foodsaver in the bags with the marinade without it sucking the marinade into the machine? Do you just press stop/seal as soon as you start suckin' ?
    I was going to sous vide them. I cut the bag from a roll and went six inches long, pushed the extra towards the machine to get enough to fold and folded it as soon as the marinade started to flow. It's fairly thick and my machine has a removable tray anyway

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• calikingcaliking Posts: 7,069
    mmmmmm..... meeeaaaat!!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,903
    Sure looks good!  

I was going to sous vide them. I cut the bag from a roll and went six inches long, pushed the extra towards the machine to get enough to fold and folded it as soon as the marinade started to flow. It's fairly thick and my machine has a removable tray anyway
    Cool...thanks for the tips!  I should double check if mine has a removable tray.  If it does it is probably full of various marinade I have sucked into it :)

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 4,309
    Yummy!

XLBGE 
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,476
    I trust you enjoyed a beverage with this fine looking meal? Well done my friend. 
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,853
    Whoa Sir
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.

So after re-watching this:

http://how2heroes.com/videos/field-trips/beef-education-series-loin-sirloin

I guess they were flap after all. Had only had short pieces before. They were way more tender than Canuck skirt

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• smokesniffersmokesniffer Posts: 1,799
    SLURP! nice looking cook
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,155
    Sure looks good!  

Cool...thanks for the tips!  I should double check if mine has a removable tray.  If it does it is probably full of various marinade I have sucked into it :)
    If it does, it will probably have an alarm to let you know when it is full, good idea to take it out and clean it. Food Saver 3000 series. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
  • FanOfFanboysFanOfFanboys Posts: 1,845
    Details on cook? Temp and time? One flip?
    Boom
    I don't know the time...the egg was hot maybe 450-500, pulled when the thickest part was 120. The  marinade is amazing

Steve 

Caledon, ON