Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Early Cooks

AcnAcn Posts: 970
I just got posting rights, but wanted to share some of my first cooks. My first (no photos) was a pork loin roast with a ginger-garlic paste. Cooked direct, grate on the fire ring, temp held around 375 dome. Pulled a bit late, around 153-155, rather than the 145 I usually try for w/ pork, but it was much better than slightly overdone in the oven.

Next moved to a pork shoulder; rubbed with a rub from one of Steven Raichlen's book, cooked at 280 dome with some apple and pecan wood included with the lump.
The start: image

Taken off and resting:

Pulled: image

Ready to eat: image

Finally, my first pizza: image

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

image.jpg 2.3M
image.jpg 2.2M
image.jpg 2.3M
image.jpg 3.3M
image.jpg 2.3M
·

Comments

• RACRAC Posts: 1,450
    Nice cooks and welcome!

Ricky

Spring, TX

·
  • tazcrashtazcrash Posts: 1,851
    welcome, nice first cooks. 
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
    ·
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    Welcome, looks like your off to a great start.

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·
  • Jumpin right in there.  Way to go.  Good lookin cooks.  Welcome and I look forward to more of your posts.

Damascus, VA.  Friendliest town on the Appalachian Trail.

LBGE Aug 2012, SBGE Feb 2014

·
  • SmokinDAWG82SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,704
    Welcome aboard, You are off to a great start!
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,430
    Welcome. Really nice cooks. Keep them coming.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • bbqlearnerbbqlearner Posts: 736
    Looks awesome! Look forward to seeing more good cooking.

Houston, TX - Buddy LBGE, Don SBGE, Tiny Mini & Shiny Momma Pitts n Spitts

·
  • Solson005Solson005 Posts: 1,907
    Off and running! Welcome to your next obsession..

I like the ulu! I use it for pizza every now and then but mainly its just decorative. I need to use it more often.
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
    ·