Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
As we round out National BBQ Month, we hope you’ve gotten to try some new recipes that will keep you cooking all summer long. Check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Chimichurri tri tip

Made a nice chimichurri that I marinated a 2.5lb tri-tip in for about 4 hours today. Cooked for about 50 minutes at 350. Turned out really good with a bit of mixed veggies and fruit on the side.image
image.jpg 757K
image.jpg 775.2K
image.jpg 824.4K
image.jpg 813.7K
·

Comments

• cazzycazzy Posts: 7,764
    Cooked perfectly. Love all the colors!
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ...
    ·
  • R2Egg2QR2Egg2Q Posts: 1,652
    Looks like a great meal!
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs
    Bay Area, CA
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,785
    Interesting. I've never put the chimichurri on the meat before it cooks. How do the flavors hold up to the heat? Looks pretty durn tasty.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Looks like a perfect cook, very nice !
    ·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,791
    Yum yum!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,368
    Wow!  Really beautiful meal. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • GramblerGrambler Posts: 142
    Griffin said:
    Interesting. I've never put the chimichurri on the meat before it cooks. How do the flavors hold up to the heat? Looks pretty durn tasty.

Held up really well. Though I did baste each side once so that also contributed to the great flavor.
    ·
  • SmoothSmokeSmoothSmoke Posts: 141
    looking good man!
    ·
  • Solson005Solson005 Posts: 1,906
    Wow =P~

Great job, I love tri-tip and chimichurri so combining the two has to be awesome!
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
    ·
  • GramblerGrambler Posts: 142
    Solson005 said:
    Wow =P~ Great job, I love tri-tip and chimichurri so combining the two has to be awesome!

You gotta try it! I got an unseasoned two-pack from Costco for a really good price. Looking forward to the second one this weekend!
    ·