Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

YES!!!!

Comments

• SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 6,827
    Bienvenue, @DomCal and @TMay, from the 51st state, sometimes called the Dominion of Canada!
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • Fred19FlintstoneFred19Flintstone Posts: 5,311

Bienvenue, @DomCal and @TMay, from the 51st state, sometimes called the Dominion of Canada!

The People's Republic of Canada?

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • Village IdiotVillage Idiot Posts: 6,951
    Hey, a friend of my wife's uncle lives in Maryland.  Can I be in your new club too?  Pretty please !!!!!

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

·
  • Florida-Georgia line.
    "If you have the means, I highly recommend it." - Ferris Bueller
    ·
  • DomCalDomCal Posts: 31
    Chubbs said:
    Welcome, @DomCal. Where are you located? If you say TX, I am outta here..........
    In Maryland. . Have a LBGE and absolutely love it...
    Where at in Maryland? Nice to see another Free Stater.
    I'm in Eldersburg. I'm actually in Ocean City right now.....and all I can think about is my egg...
    ·
  • wbholmeswbholmes Posts: 7
    I also got approved today also. Been lurking around about a year and finally decided to jump in to the conversations. Great site. Looking to get in touch with Kosko also, he's an old high school buddy I haven't seen in years.
    ·
  • egger aveegger ave Posts: 580
    edited May 2013
    TMay said:
    I Guess Im In TRouble... Im New Here Too, And Im In Texas.... Large Bge, Why Did I Wait So Long To Buy One?
    @TMay Your are in good company living in the Lone Star state. @Chubbs is just jealous that he doesn't live here too. You can ignore his posts, most of us do.

From an egghead in South Central Texas aka God's country for BBQ's and BGE's.
    1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 4 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. "Friends don't let friends cook with propane"
    ·
  • Welcome to the jungle.  Don't forget to ask about which lump is the best.

Damascus, VA.  Friendliest town on the Appalachian Trail.

LBGE Aug 2012, SBGE Feb 2014

·
  • frankc623frankc623 Posts: 163
    DomCal - where in Eldersburg are you? I live in Westminster. 
    L-BGE | Westminster, MD
    ·
  • TwoCooksTwoCooks Posts: 35
    Oh sorry, I almost forgot. Welcome aboard @DomCal! Ask away and you will be overwhelmed with wisdom on here! Happy cooking!
    Ditto on the above.  We are 3 cooks away from being newly admitted Eggers and there is a lot of sound advice in the Forum.
    ·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,227
    Welcome aboard.
    Louisville
    ·
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 6,827
    The People's Republic of Canada?
    That would be the People's Republic of Canuckistan.....
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • JaredMDJaredMD Posts: 59
    Hey man.. I'm over in White Marsh.. just got posting access as well, although I've been reading the hell out of these forums for the past few weeks learning whatever I can :)
    XL BGE - Baltimore, MD
    ·
  • MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 4,029
    edited May 2013
    Welcome aboard bud! KY makes a lot less bark, but who wants to smell mustard in the morning.

LBGE & SBGE (big momma and pat)
    ·
  • NecessaryIndulgNecessaryIndulg Posts: 1,113
    Welcome, @DomCal!  Happy to see they finally let you in!
    (One day, you'll be begging to get out. :P)
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences -
    You can find me on Facebook & Instagram, too! 
    ·
  • tazcrashtazcrash Posts: 1,851
    "Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in."   :D
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
    ·
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 6,768
    Welcome...

Have fun, use the search box, then complain about the search box while asking your questions anyway...

Take and post pictures or you will be quickly branded a complete fraud...

Did I say have fun?

Seriously though, welcome to the club... Looking forward to see some of your cooks.

:)
    ·
  • bbqlearnerbbqlearner Posts: 736
    Welcome to the family and have fun egging.

Houston, TX - Buddy LBGE, Don SBGE, Tiny Mini & Shiny Momma Pitts n Spitts

·
  • Fred19FlintstoneFred19Flintstone Posts: 5,311
    Don't forget to ask "Fat side up or down?".

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,055
    Always bump old posts from at least 6 months ago
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
    This thread has turned into The Most Hated/Annoying Questions thread......I'm sure I'll ask one of them at some point..
    ·
  • travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,805
    Ahhh grasshopper. It has not "turned" into anything. It has simply fulfilled its destiny. The egg path was laid before it began. 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
    Ahhh grasshopper. It has not "turned" into anything. It has simply fulfilled its destiny. The egg path was laid before it began. 

^:)^
    ·
  • Ahhh grasshopper. It has not "turned" into anything. It has simply fulfilled its destiny. The egg path was laid before it began. 

This has turned in to straight up awesome. We're just having some fun. Ask anything you want.

·
  • 500500 Posts: 1,591
    Welcome. Soon you will understand the meaning of Turbo, Nitro, Trex, Reverse Sear, FTC, and most importantly SWMBO.
    Large BGE; Midlothian, Virginia
    I like Pig Butts and I can not lie.
    "Barbecue is a journey, one meal at a time."
    ·
  • SkinnyVSkinnyV Posts: 2,554
    Yeah I remember the wait time.... Ridiculous.
    Seattle, WA
    ·
  • why do you have  u as your thumbnail?
    ·