Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Taco cups

Village IdiotVillage Idiot Posts: 6,947
edited May 2013 in EggHead Forum
This should be off topic since I didn't do them on the Egg (time constraints), but I could have.  I'm posting this because it's a fun thing to do.  Take a regular corn tortilla, spray with Pam on both sides, form it on an upside down muffin pan, and bake indirect at 375° for 15 minutes.  Also, my garden is just starting to come in.  My jalapeños in the beans, my sorrano chiles in the guacamole, and my onion in the tacos.  Tomatoes not ready yet.

By the way, they didn't crack up like regular taco shells.

(Note) I get my tortillas fresh from a Tortilleria, but if you get store bought ones, heat them in the microwave first, covered by a damp cloth, for about 30 seconds, to make them pliable.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
Gateway to the Hill Country

Comments