Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
There are two very delicious food holidays coming up that we wanted to share with you all because cheese and guac deserve to be celebrated! Guacamole Day is on September 16th and Cheeseburger Day is on September 18th. Happy cooking EGGheads! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Chicken Thigh Win

I picked up a pack of boneless skinless thighs from Wally World this week, having never made them, and wanted to give it a try. 

I opened them up and rubbed then down with DP Swamp Venom and fired the egg up to about 375-400 direct with Jack Daniels wood chips .  I cooked them for 10 minutes, flipped, 10 more minutes, glazed them with Captain Rodney's Sweet and Spicy pepper glaze and flipped them, glazed the other side, and flipped that down.  All in all about 25 minutes on the Egg.   After pulling them I then tossed them in standard homemade wing sauce (1/2 cup of Franks mixed with 1/3 cup grassfed butter)

They tasted like candy, with some very nice layering of the flavors, and I nearly ended up eating the 1.7 pound pack of thighs in one sitting.  I will undoubtedly be making these again soon.

Unfortunately, I did not get any pics, as I was actually using my phone on a conference call for work at the same time :)
Chicago, Illinois

Comments