Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lump source around waco tx

Options
I have been using wgww for a while just found out today that Ace in my area will now start carrying primo in its place. Primo is right around the same priceas bge brand. Looking for a cheaper alternative or possibly fine wgww within an hour or so of me?

Comments

• travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Options
    Dude, I have been using Central Market Mesquite lump from HEB for a long time. It is my favorite any price. They just came out with an Oak lump. It is equaly as good. $12.99 for 20lbs and every HEB I've been to has it. 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Options
    Dude, I have been using Central Market Mesquite lump from HEB for a long time. It is my favorite any price. They just came out with an Oak lump. It is equaly as good. $12.99 for 20lbs and every HEB I've been to has it. 
    Same thing, I love the Central Market Lump. And big chnks also. I need to try the Oak Lump next.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• Arbucklej
    Arbucklej Posts: 90
    Options
    Ill give it a try thanks
  • cssmd27
    cssmd27 Posts: 345
    Options
    What was the result of Ace (central) no longer carrying WGWW that you can order?  If they are back carrying it, then it is no problem order it online and have it drop shipped to your local Ace.

I might have to try the CM Oak you guys like so much.  But, I'm sitting on over 300lbs. of WGWW (via Ace online discount sales) and my wife would kill me if I brought more home.
    Dallas (University Park), Texas
  • Arbucklej
    Options
    The Ace here tol me they are no longer carrying it and primo will be taking its place....wish i was sitting on 300lbs of wgww
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Have you guys ever met Henapple?
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• egger ave
    egger ave Posts: 721
    Options
    Costco and Lowe's also stocks Stubb's Lump at a good price. Works OK for me.
    1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 3 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. 

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

Albert Einstein
  • GQuiz
    GQuiz Posts: 701
    Options
    Does Central Market offer an oak? I've seen mesquite. Does it last long? I had a full bowl of Stubbs in my XL last week for an overnight. Petered out at 13-14 hour mark.

XL BGE; Schertz TX by way of Stow OH. #egghead4life
  • tazcrash
    tazcrash Posts: 1,852
    Options
    egger ave said:
    Costco and Lowe's also stocks Stubb's Lump at a good price. Works OK for me.
    I wonder if I have a bad bag. Mine sounds like jiffy pop on an amplifier. Actually burned holes in my shirt. Told the Mrs not to get any more from Costco. 
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Options
    GQuiz said:

Does Central Market offer an oak? I've seen mesquite. Does it last long? I had a full bowl of Stubbs in my XL last week for an overnight. Petered out at 13-14 hour mark.

They just started carting an oak lump. They both last a long time.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • GQuiz
    GQuiz Posts: 701
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Thanks @travisstrick... Will hit HEB in search of the Oak. Good news, indeed.

XL BGE; Schertz TX by way of Stow OH. #egghead4life
  • Arbucklej
    Options
    Just hit up HEB...they carry b&b hickory, oak, mesquite, and qorbacho whatever that is. Gonna give them all a go and see which one is my fav. Hickory in the pit tonight it does have a little wgww in it also.