Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

What the Mrs. wants...she gets!

ChubbyChubby Posts: 2,790
edited 5:20AM in EggHead Forum
ProtabelloBurger1.jpg
<p />And last nite...she called and said..."Fire up the Egg...I'm on my way home, and I'm in the mood for a burger"!![p]Springing into action,(as only the "Chubbster" can)...I made a quick stop @ Central Market... and picked up: [p]1 pound of Ground Round
Portobella Mushrooms
Onion/Garlic Nans
Fontina cheese[p]Salt/Pepper...and the above was ready for the Egg...(now idling @ 600)[p]ProtabelloBurger7.jpg[p]Cooked 5 minutes a side with Fontina and Sharp Cheddar.[p]ProtabelloBurger9.jpg[p]The Mrs....she jumped in at the last minute and spread some Garlic Mayo on the split toasted Onion Nan.
Grilled Onions, Portabellos and sliced tomatoes were applied, and the obligatory "Kosher's"... were rescued from the fridge![p][p][p][p]

·

Comments

• ChubbyChubby Posts: 2,790
    ProtabelloBurger14.jpg
    <p />Chubby,[p]The Moral of this story?[p]When the "Mrs" gets what she wants....she' happy!![p]When the "Mrs" is happy...the "Chubbster" gets what he wants....(well,sometimes)!![p]Sorry...no pics of that!![p]Evans
    ·
  • Lawn RangerLawn Ranger Posts: 5,466
    Chubby,
    Thank you!

·
  • Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,334
    Chubby,
    So what are you gonna call this? "Chubby's Lunchtime Torture Sessions"??[p]Dang booooy!
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    ·
  • Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,334
    I just proved that Pavlov's theory works well without the stinkin bell.[p]Did he do any experiments with visual torture??
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    ·
  • TRexTRex Posts: 2,708
    Chubby,[p]As I sit here finishing my cold turkey sandwich from the cafeteria, you do THIS![p]As always, your presentation was superb. Great looking chubburger.[p]Cheers,[p]TRex
    ·
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 16,788
    Chubby,
    i need to get a mini at work, the big mac i just had for lunch had a bigger slice of pickle than the burger pattie. that does look good

·
    Nature Boy,[p]Being that my "intake" is much less than most any of you strapping youngsters...[p]It's only fair I get to torture you (who can eat)... a bit!![p]There just aint no justice in this here world!![p]Evans[p]If I was in Nascar...I'd be "Restricter Plate Chubby"!![p]
    ·
  • Car Wash MikeCar Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Chubby,
    You won't catch me spoiling those girls of mine like that.[p]Mike

·
    Nature Boy,
    Just this very morning Chubby and I were discussing his lineage....and you're right, considering the reaction to those delicious pics, Pavlov is likely somewhere in his family tree.[p]BTW, In addition to thanking him for the great burger pics, I was also thanking him for NOT posting the pic of him and his wife :o)[p]Sounds like you've been cooking up a storm, Man! Congratulations on your recent successes![p]Mike

·
    Chubby,
    I just looked at this again after finishing my kraut dog lunch at my desk.....It looks even better this time! Beautiful job.[p]Mike

·
  • SandbaggerSandbagger Posts: 977
    Chubby, Man, you're two up on me. One, I can't take pictures like that. Two, I certainly can't cook like that, well at least not yet. [p]I commend you on your determination through this stretch of life's highway. Keep it going, you are doing "Grate Mate". Tom

·
    Lawn Ranger,[p]You're too kind...[p]"Just slightly blushing Chubby'!!
    ·
    Sandbagger,
    You better get to practicing...I'm gonna put you to work in January![p]Mike

·
  • SandbaggerSandbagger Posts: 977
    Lawn Ranger, Yes boss. Maybe I need to stay at a Holiday Inn Express the night before. LOL T

·
  • Chubby,

You cooked burgers at 600? Lid open or closed?
    ·
    Sorry...

I didn't see your post till this AM...(i still post over on the "old board"... with the other Flintsones!!

I cooked the above @ 600 dome...4.to 4.5 mins a side...lid closed.

Evans
    ·