Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket reheating

Options
cbr0011
cbr0011 Posts: 93
I'm in a situation where I need to smoke a brisket and reheat it a day later. Once I take it off of the BGE I'll FTC. Couple hours later place in fridge. For reheating, I'm thinking about going with an oven, 200, till it hits about...what? Thanks

Comments

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    Do you have a food saver?  You could part the brisket up after it cools and heat it up in water till it gets to serving temps...like 100-115.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • cbr0011
    cbr0011 Posts: 93
    Options
    No food saver.
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    With your oven set at 200, it will take a long time to reheat. I've had pretty good results reheating (in pan covered in foil) at 275 to about 140-160 internal. It is not a bad idea to pull it off a little earlier than you would normally when you do your initial cook. It will cook some as it cools, then cook even  more as it is being reheated.

As Cazzy says, vacuum sealed and reheated in boiling water works well.
    Good luck!
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I bought a good foodsaver from costco for $40 so there are affordable options.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....