Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s time to kick back, relax and enjoy the aromas of fresh smoked meat as we sail towards summer. Not sure what to smoke? Try Down & Dizzy Pork Shoulder or Smoked Spanish Chicken. Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Cheese-Stuffed, Bacon-Crusted Shrimp

Solson005Solson005 Posts: 1,839
Before starting yesterdays great Kentucky Hot Brown cook for the Kentucky Derby party, we were watching Rick Bayless show One Plate at a Time and saw some Cheese_Stuffed, Bacon-Crusted Shrimp and knew that was going on the menu for Sunday! It was Cinco De Mayo after all. 

First up was to grill some veggies, we decided to do everything on the cast iron griddle on the large egg. Heirloom tomatoes, anehiem chilies, and red onions. 

Then I butterflied the shrimp and got it ready to be stuffed with the cheese mixture. 

Time to check on the Egg and make sure that the temp was holding stead at 400° Still chilly but not windy like Saturday so it made being outside much better.

We decided on a Chorizo Dirty Rice as a side and did it on the egg. It turned out great and was a nice side that we were experimenting with. 

While going through Rick Bayless latest book Frontera Margaritas, Guacamoles, and Snacks I saw a recipe for a Tequila Old Fashioned and it was great! It was made with Ancho Chile, Woodford Reserve, Patron Reposado, Agave Nectar, & Reagan's Orange Bitters. 

Then the veggies where diced up and put into some veggie quesadillas and went out on the Egg

Now the main attraction: the shrimp!

After the flip

All done

The spread with the Roasted Guajillo Salsa I made last week and some candied jalepenos. 

Plated pic

It was a great weekend with two really good meals. I hope everybody had a great weekend! 
Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 

Comments