Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Invited my Students for a BGE Pizza Party

Options
Parallel
Parallel Posts: 433
edited May 2013 in EggHead Forum
Monday is the last day of the Spring 2013 semester at our college but my students were done as of 12:30 PM today. In celebration I invited them to come to my place for a Big Green Egg pizza party. There were a few that couldn't attend for various reasons, but after the rave reviews the pizza got I'm betting they'll keep the date open next time.

We cooked a bunch of pizzas including your standard fare (pepperoni & Italian sausage) as well as:

• Pulled pork with BBQ sauce and cheddar cheese
  • Cheesy Alfredo sauce with roasted garlic,grilled chicken and mozzarella cheese
  • Fajita marinaded flank steak (thin sliced and cut into bite size pieces) with jalapenos and pepperjack cheese with taco sauce and sour cream piped on top just before serving.

The BGE made a believer our of them all, even our resident cynic as the crust was PERFECTLY crisp and tasty. Sorry no photos... I was just trying to churn out pizzas as quickly as I could. My seven year old was complaining that he wanted pizza, so I'll be cooking more on Sunday, perhaps I'll post a few pics then.

Every time my elbow bends my mouth flies open.

Comments

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Nice work, teach!
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,168
    Options
    That sounds really nice @Parallel .  Your students are very lucky!
    Flint, Michigan
  • SmokinDAWG82
    SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,705
    Options
    Nice, You are a shoe in for teacher of the year!
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    I wish I had a egghead for a teacher when I was in school. I would of had a egg 10-15 years earlier than I did.

Good work man!
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    That is great.  I'm sure your students really appreciate it.  You taught them another valuable lesson...how to eat right!

A pizza party is one cook I find a bit daunting.  Maybe if I had a good peel... 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Charlie tuna
    Charlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Options
    Now it's one thing to brag and show great cooks here and you know the rule "pictures or it didn't happen!" -----  Now comes students eating pizza at a teacher's house???  Next year we need pictures!!
  • Parallel
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Now it's one thing to brag and show great cooks here and you know the rule "pictures or it didn't happen!" -----  Now comes students eating pizza at a teacher's house???  Next year we need pictures!!
    LOL... I know right. I should have gotten some pics as I pretty much ALWAYS do take pics and then torture my students the next day an hour before lunch showing said pics of Big Green Egg awesomeness and regaling them with the delicious details. It was this practice that inspired the invitation for the pizza cook.

I'll do it again for the Fall semester and this time I'l cook something that demands less of my time so I can take pics.

• Charlie tuna
    Charlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Options
    Picture takin can be taught a "good student" in ten minutes !!
  • Parallel
    Options
    Well... so much for taking pictures yesterday, I had my first true FAIL on the Big Green Egg yesterday. It would seem that we put too many topping on the pizzas and they either burnt on the bottom before they cooked or were not done on top. I've chalked it up as a learning experience.

• Fred19Flintstone
    Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,168
    Options
    That's a tough lesson to learn. Look on the bright side, at least you didn't do it in front of your students!
    Flint, Michigan
  • Parallel
    Options
    I know right, with all of the bragging I've been doing that would NOT have been good. Perhaps this is meant to humble me.