Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Hop on down to your nearest EGG dealer this week to pick up some Easter EGGcessories! Here are a few that may be useful for Easter, the V-rack, electric charcoal lighter and flexible skewers! Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Easy Carne thanks to Safeway

allsidallsid Posts: 291
The plan was to get either a flank steak or a tri tip to go with grilled veggies and Guacamole.  When neither were available, I started to panic and dig thru the caverns of the meat counter looking for anything to suffice
What I found and took a chance on was simply called Carne Asada
It looked and smelled pretty good, and was well seasoned
I started by getting some veggies going
Then went with the meat
While the meat was resting, I toasted off some tortillas-  It's pretty cool how they sometimes puff up on the egg
Meat got a fine chop after resting.  It was already thin and was fork tender
I normally do not subscribe to pre packaged and seasoned meat.  In this situation it worked out really well.  Seasoning was really quite good.  A little different than I would have done but good nonetheless.  The meal was really so easy, it would be a crowd pleaser at a tailgate or on a camping trip.  But then again, what isn't a crowd pleaser when it's done on the Egg?

Here is a more detailed story about the cook-

Thanks for looking!

Comments