Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Easy Carne thanks to Safeway

allsidallsid Posts: 407
The plan was to get either a flank steak or a tri tip to go with grilled veggies and Guacamole.  When neither were available, I started to panic and dig thru the caverns of the meat counter looking for anything to suffice
What I found and took a chance on was simply called Carne Asada
It looked and smelled pretty good, and was well seasoned
I started by getting some veggies going
Then went with the meat
While the meat was resting, I toasted off some tortillas-  It's pretty cool how they sometimes puff up on the egg
Meat got a fine chop after resting.  It was already thin and was fork tender
I normally do not subscribe to pre packaged and seasoned meat.  In this situation it worked out really well.  Seasoning was really quite good.  A little different than I would have done but good nonetheless.  The meal was really so easy, it would be a crowd pleaser at a tailgate or on a camping trip.  But then again, what isn't a crowd pleaser when it's done on the Egg?

Here is a more detailed story about the cook-

Thanks for looking!
·

Comments

• r270bar270ba Posts: 763
    Looks great. What cut is carne asada?
    Anderson, SC
    XL BGE, Father's Day Gift 2012 (Thanks Fam!!!)
    Webber Kettle and Webber Summit Gasser
    Want List: Thermapen, Small BGE, Wok, Adjustable Rig, Food Saver, More $

·
  • allsidallsid Posts: 407
    I am not sure what the traditional cut is, but this one was a sirloin flap- A new favorite
    ·
  • EggRacerEggRacer Posts: 400
    edited May 2013
    This carne asada looks wonderful and is probably skirt steak by the way it looks. I may run by Safeway and get some of this to try, I'm salivating. Uh. my bad the package reads thinly sliced sirloin.
    XLBGE & LBGE
    North Richland Hills, TX
    ·
  • Solson005Solson005 Posts: 1,907
    Looks great! My local grocery store has something like this every so often and I usually grab one when I see it. Nicely done =D>
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
    ·
  • allsidallsid Posts: 407
    @EggRacer  I had to take a second glance to make sure I had it correct.  The first ingredient is Sirloin Flap.  Not something I was familiar with but after a google search, it is a quite coveted cut of meat.  The flap is something I will be keeping an eye out for more in the future.  

·