Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Which wins at Greek Easter

IrishDevl
IrishDevl Posts: 1,390
So, (soon to be) pulled beef on the left and (soon to be) pulled pork on the right. Which gets the most compliments at Greek Easter tomorrow. My choice beef.

Comments

• IrishDevl

My butcher gave me a special cut boston butt for my pulled pork and I have to say they were both the best I have ever cooked.  They literally were falling apart as I was taking them off the grill.  People went crazy for them both and it was sort of a toss up for who liked what best.  If there is one thing I learned with pulled beef or pork it is to just pull it, do not shred it.  I find when it is shredded it dries out and doesn't have near the moisture or flavor of a roughly pulled product.  This is my new way.   

• tazcrash
    tazcrash Posts: 1,852
    Can you elaborate more on the pull do not shred? 

Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
  • IrishDevl
    tazcrash said:
    Can you elaborate more on the pull do not shred? 

In the past I would give bear claws to someone after the pork/beef is cooked and ready to eat.  They would take the claws and literally shred very fine.  Basically keep pulling it until it gets stringy.  I find this dries the meat out, and instead am a much bigger fan of just pulling pieces, but haveing bigger chunks.  This keeps the meat moist and much better in my opinion.  You can somethines see it on here when people post pictures, they will have a real finely shredded pulled pork, this is what I will avoid in the future. 
  • lilwooty
    lilwooty Posts: 215
    I agree on the pull vs. shred.  Even more critical for the meat that will be stored for leftovers. 

Living Large and XL