Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

It's a Boy!!.......

Options
2»

Comments

• milesbrown4
    milesbrown4 Posts: 314
    Options
    Can't wait to see the new little man in action!
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options

Broke in the little guy on Saturday after a long day of yard work. After playing with the temps and burning a fire for a few hours, I decided to cook a vidalia onion to go top of two filets I had in the fridge. One problem... I dont have an indirect piece yet... after a few beers I grabbed an old fire grate for a LBGE I had in my shed. Wrapped it in tin foil, and poked holes through the foil to allow airflow since it was a tight fit. Worked like a champ! Was able to hold whatevev temp I wanted. I included a pic of the new MINI firering for those interested.

Vidalia onion is stuffed with a beef boulion cube and butter. Cooked for an hour or so, then tried to ramp up the heat for the filets. The MINI was going for around 6 hours before the beef, so not enough fuel left to get to searing temps. Cooked them at 400, then removed them at 115* and seared them on a CI skillet in the large. Great first meal. Oh, and the filets were wrapped in some of my homemade bacon! Sorry no plated pic...

Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013