Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Beef Brisket, Has Anybody Tried This

A friend of mine told me the best way he has ever cooked a brisket is to smoke it at 275 or so until internal temp reaches 180 or so. Then he wraps it tight in foil, let's it cool a bit then freezes it solid. Then he thaws it, puts it back in a roaster oven and warms it back up to 180'. According to him the freezing process breaks down the tissue so it slices with ease and can be eaten with a fork. I am afraid to try it. Has anyone out there done this?
·

Comments

• Village IdiotVillage Idiot Posts: 6,947
    edited May 2013
    We're not allowed to comment about briskets unless Travis OK's our text.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Gateway to the Hill Country

·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 12,856
    Travis is an award winning egger. The best I've ever had was at Salado... Centex. 14lbs gone in 10 min. Don't think he froze it.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • cazzycazzy Posts: 6,720
    Yeah, the freezing is kind of weird.

Centex sold his brisket recipe to Aaron Franklin for a million dollars. I would like to see what he says. I'm going to tape a packer to a spot light and call him right now. Stand by.
    Just a hack that makes some shitty BBQ...
    ·
  • travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,681
    henapple said:
    Travis is an award winning egger. The best I've ever had was at Salado... Centex. 14lbs gone in 10 min. Don't think he froze it.
    Gone in 10 min and no one got as much as they wanted. it was a 10 out of 10. Do what he does and dont freeze. 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
  • I thought freezing it sounded weird. Thanks for the feedback.
    ·
  • That one was good and I've made some not so good but I can tell you this....that is weird. don't freeze and don't put in a roaster oven. You can eat all brisket with a fork, unless you do it wrong. Smoke, rub, time is all you need.

·
  • SteveWPBFLSteveWPBFL Posts: 1,267
    Maybe skip the freezer and marinate in meat tenderizer? (j.k.!!)
    ·