Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost Halloween and if you’re cooking on your EGG, you may end up with more people knocking on your door asking for pork chops than candy! In case you’re willing to share and want to please a crowd, we recommend warm Margherita Pizza, FGL’s Lemon Pepper Wings or our favorite, S’mores in a Cone!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

turbo ribs convert!

CanuggheadCanugghead Posts: 3,848
edited May 2013 in EggHead Forum
tried turbo BB ribs for the first time (thanks to Mickey?) so much easier! can't justify going back to low ans slow again!  

painted with mustard, followed by light sprinkle of Bad Byron's, paprika, brown sugar, garlic powder, ground pepper. 350F XL indirect, 1.25 hr meat side up, 1.25 hour bone side up, passed bend test after 2nd flip, finish with 50/50 Blue Hogs original and Tennessee Red (courtesy of Weekend Warrior on the other forum).

don't mean to stir the pot, sometimes I feel BGE's ability to hold temp low for extended period is it's worst enemy because it prevented me from thinking outside the lo and slo box :(

also tried umami burger for the first time, topped with swiss cheese, sauteed onion and mushroom ...

also stole my DW's shrimp and pork meatball mix and made burgers ...
Vaughan, Ontario

Comments