Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Where to get rubbed.....

The local selection for rubs is poor at best. I would like to try some that have been mentioned on here. Could you kind folks lead me to the promised land of rubs?

Comments

• Duckhook18Duckhook18 Posts: 42
    www.dizzypigbbq.com - Tsunami Spin, Raising The Steaks and Dizzy Dust are my favs www.bkwseasonings.com - Big Kahuna Light All Purpose is great on wings and not too salty www.penzeys.com - great choice of spices and rubs. I buy mostly spices here. www.buttrub.com - I mix it with brown and white sugar on pork butts www.fredsmusicandbbq.com - one stop shop for the above. Good luck!
    LBGE Knoxville, TN
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,667
    I'm assuming you can get Bad Byron on line. Very inexpensive compared to dizzy.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,190
    Penzey's has a great selection. Like @Duckhook18 I buy spices there and often make my own, but they have some great rubs. Read the summary of each and buy a number. Over $30 and it ships free. 
    Dizzy Pig has some great rubs, not the most inexpensive, but very good. Good luck.   
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
  • MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 4,326
    Bbqguru.com

Sells all dizy pig and some others.

Dizzy pig is good
    Bad Byron
    John Henry's butt rub.

XLBGE 
  • MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 4,326
    Bbqguru.com

Sells all dizy pig and some others.

Dizzy pig is good
    Bad Byron
    John Henry's butt rub.

XLBGE 
  • Village IdiotVillage Idiot Posts: 6,951

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Scott PScott P Posts: 22
    3eyz has a good rub
  • moose droolmoose drool Posts: 15
    Thanks...you folks are great. I wouldn't expect anything less from fellow Eggheads :)
  • SmokinDAWG82SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,704
    I know where I like to get rubbed!
    =))
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • Village IdiotVillage Idiot Posts: 6,951
    I know where I like to get rubbed!
    =))
    Mickey rubs me the wrong way.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,540
    Oakridge bbq rubs and simply marvelous are good too. Don Marco rub is awesome but you have to order it from Germany.
  • Fred19FlintstoneFred19Flintstone Posts: 5,645
    If you rub the wrong somebody the wrong way, they may rub you out!

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

• Dave in FloridaDave in Florida Posts: 850
    edited May 2013
    Don't get me wrong, I like Dizzy Pig and use them often.  But this is some very good rubs that I use a lot.  http://www.oakridgebbq.com/

Plus I like the sample pack for only $5.00.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!
  • stlcharcoalstlcharcoal Posts: 1,391

Between Costco & Restaurant Depot, I just mix my own.  Kosher salt, pepper, paprika, brown sugar are the big four.  Then I wade through all my Penzeys spices and see what ends up in the bowl--usually some celery seed, onion powder, garlic powder, ground ancho, cayenne, coriander, cumin, dry mustard, oregano, rosemary, and whatever pops out at me.

Connect:  Website  -  Facebook  -  Twitter