Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Prime Filet

Options
Tjcoley
Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
Wegman's had some Prime Beef Tenderloin Filets, and I couldn't pass them up.  Seared on CI at 600 degrees for 3 minutes a side, then finished indirect to 135.  Turned out perfect.  Used just EVOO and salt and pepper to let the flavor of the meat come out.  Melt in your mouth tender.

Comments

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,832
    Options
    I know I'm in the minority here, but that is my favorite cut of meat.   Looks great. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    I hate you
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Randy1
    Randy1 Posts: 379
    Options
    I wish I could find prime around here. Sounds like a great way to start the week though!
    Maumelle, Arkansas
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Options
    What was the drink of choice?
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Tjcoley
    Options
    What was the drink of choice?
    The usual - Tito's over ice with a lime.  I just bought a Calamondin Orange Tree for the patio - if it produces fruit, it will replace the lime.  
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    Options
    I love filets, never done them on the cast iron. Those look great  =P~

I will have to try it that way soon.. 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • Tjcoley
    Options
    Solson005 said:
    I love filets, never done them on the cast iron. Those look great  =P~

I will have to try it that way soon.. 
    Only way I do filets since having "pan seared" filet in a restaurant a few years ago.  Great crust/bark on the outside, medium rare inside. 
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    Options
    I used my cast iron griddle for everything in my Cinco De Mayo feast tonight so I am pretty comfortable cooking with it and will definably give it a shot next time. 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK.