Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Prime Filet

TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,357
Wegman's had some Prime Beef Tenderloin Filets, and I couldn't pass them up.  Seared on CI at 600 degrees for 3 minutes a side, then finished indirect to 135.  Turned out perfect.  Used just EVOO and salt and pepper to let the flavor of the meat come out.  Melt in your mouth tender.

Comments

• FoghornFoghorn Posts: 1,980
    I know I'm in the minority here, but that is my favorite cut of meat.   Looks great. 

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 12,856
    I hate you
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • Randy1Randy1 Posts: 360
    I wish I could find prime around here. Sounds like a great way to start the week though!
    Benton,Arkansas
    ·
  • travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,681
    What was the drink of choice?
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,357
    What was the drink of choice?
    The usual - Tito's over ice with a lime.  I just bought a Calamondin Orange Tree for the patio - if it produces fruit, it will replace the lime.  
  • Solson005Solson005 Posts: 1,905
    I love filets, never done them on the cast iron. Those look great  =P~

I will have to try it that way soon.. 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
    ·
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,357
    Solson005 said:
    I love filets, never done them on the cast iron. Those look great  =P~

I will have to try it that way soon.. 
    Only way I do filets since having "pan seared" filet in a restaurant a few years ago.  Great crust/bark on the outside, medium rare inside. 
  • Solson005Solson005 Posts: 1,905
    I used my cast iron griddle for everything in my Cinco De Mayo feast tonight so I am pretty comfortable cooking with it and will definably give it a shot next time. 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
    ·