Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Spreading the love this Valentine’s Day with your EGG? Virginia Willis’ three course menu is perfect for a date night! February is also National Chocolate Lover’s Month, so don’t feel guilty if you’ve been cooking a little more dessert than usual on your EGG. If you’re looking for something a little more savory than chocolate, try some Roasted Chicken Flatbread or Pork Tenderloin with Honey Mustard.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and the Culinary Center too!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Prime Filet

TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,453
Wegman's had some Prime Beef Tenderloin Filets, and I couldn't pass them up.  Seared on CI at 600 degrees for 3 minutes a side, then finished indirect to 135.  Turned out perfect.  Used just EVOO and salt and pepper to let the flavor of the meat come out.  Melt in your mouth tender.

Comments

• FoghornFoghorn Posts: 3,118
    I know I'm in the minority here, but that is my favorite cut of meat.   Looks great. 

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

• henapplehenapple Posts: 15,197
    I hate you
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Randy1Randy1 Posts: 373
    I wish I could find prime around here. Sounds like a great way to start the week though!
    Benton,Arkansas
  • travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,876
    What was the drink of choice?
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,453
    What was the drink of choice?
    The usual - Tito's over ice with a lime.  I just bought a Calamondin Orange Tree for the patio - if it produces fruit, it will replace the lime.  
    I love filets, never done them on the cast iron. Those look great  =P~

I will have to try it that way soon.. 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,453
    Solson005 said:
    I love filets, never done them on the cast iron. Those look great  =P~

I will have to try it that way soon.. 
    Only way I do filets since having "pan seared" filet in a restaurant a few years ago.  Great crust/bark on the outside, medium rare inside. 
    I used my cast iron griddle for everything in my Cinco De Mayo feast tonight so I am pretty comfortable cooking with it and will definably give it a shot next time. 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK.