Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Pizzas - My Best Results Yet

CPARKTXCPARKTX Posts: 1,096
My goal has been to get as close to Napoletano style as possible on the BGE, and this was by far my best result (other than my first pure beginners luck cook).

I made homemade dough using the Same Day Dough recipe from Flour Water Salt Yeast. Setup was plate setter legs up, standard grid, frame from another grid, pizza stone. Cooked at 700-725 grid, and from the last reading I remembered to make with IR thermometer the pizza stone was 600+. Cook times were fairly quick, I didn't time it but I am guessing around 4-5 minutes.

Cooked two pies with no time in between, and both turned out equally well (slightly different nt toppings). Crust had a great yeasty flavor, some leoparding on bottom, and aside from one spot that extended off side of stone, nothing burned.

Next time I'll let the stone have a little longer to catch up to dome temperature, and maybe go 20 seconds longer on cook time.

The family raved about them, and I was pretty pleased. I think I'm finally on the right track.
LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
image.jpg 678.9K
image.jpg 984.3K
image.jpg 668.9K

Comments

• Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,347
    =D> those look really good
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
  • cazzycazzy Posts: 8,321
    Looks great!!! Love the toppings!!
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 7,124
    Wonderful looking pies!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • nice. Great looking pies

• ChubbyChubby Posts: 2,939

Bravisssimoooooo!!!

=D>
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • Randy1Randy1 Posts: 373
    Feels good when you get it right. It appears you did!
    Benton,Arkansas
  • texaswigtexaswig Posts: 1,002
    Those look killer.
    Scott
    Greenville ,Tx

Xl bge with woo2 and ajustable rack