Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

first brisket in the books

Just salt and pepper for rub. I peppered first, let it sit in the fridge for a few hours and salted right before I went on the egg. Put it on at 4am, 225ish. No crutch, indirect the whole time. Egg was stable and never added coals. I stirred with a few hours left since I was inexperienced. It didn't need it, there were plenty of coals- and it basically clogged my grate with ash. Had to open my bottom grate much more to keep 225 afterwards.

Reached 195 IT at 5 pm, FTC for an hour. Pretty tasty, not much left. :-)

I just learned the best part off cooking your own brisket - it's first dibs on burnt ends.

Happy Cinco folks!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
·

Comments

• travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,851
    That looks perfect. I'd be all over that. 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
  • cazzycazzy Posts: 8,242
    Looks like you hit a home run at your first plate appearance! Congrats!!
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
    ·
  • YEMTreyYEMTrey Posts: 2,520
    Looks great!

Incredible job on your first brisket cook.  I have yet to do one and would be happy with those results.
    XL and a Mini Max Egg in Cincinnati, Ohio
    ·
  • sumoconnellsumoconnell Posts: 1,006
    Thanks guys - means a lot. I forgot to mention, I used Ozark oak today for the first time. I used b&b before that and was not happy with it. Ozark oak is much much better, fast light and came to clear smoke quickly.
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
    ·
  • great job. looks perfect to me.

·