Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizzas - My Best Results Yet

Options
CPARKTX
CPARKTX Posts: 2,095
My goal has been to get as close to Napoletano style as possible on the BGE, and this was by far my best result (other than my first pure beginners luck cook).

I made homemade dough using the Same Day Dough recipe from Flour Water Salt Yeast. Setup was plate setter legs up, standard grid, frame from another grid, pizza stone. Cooked at 700-725 grid, and from the last reading I remembered to make with IR thermometer the pizza stone was 600+. Cook times were fairly quick, I didn't time it but I am guessing around 4-5 minutes.

Cooked two pies with no time in between, and both turned out equally well (slightly different nt toppings). Crust had a great yeasty flavor, some leoparding on bottom, and aside from one spot that extended off side of stone, nothing burned.

Next time I'll let the stone have a little longer to catch up to dome temperature, and maybe go 20 seconds longer on cook time.

The family raved about them, and I was pretty pleased. I think I'm finally on the right track.
LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  

Comments