Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Need grilled veggie help

Options
GQuiz
GQuiz Posts: 701
I'm a meat and potato guy. So grilling vegetables is very foreign. Any suggestions for a grilled veggie combo? Got the grill basket. Can get my hands on squash and other stuff. Any suggestions?

XL BGE; Schertz TX by way of Stow OH. #egghead4life

Comments

• Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    edited May 2013
    Options

I like to cut them whatever mood I am in, zuccini, yellow squash, eggplant, large portobello shrooms, long ways or discs.  Marinate in Italian salad dressing few minutes and place in grill in basket or on grate depending on size turning every so often.

PS asparageeses are great also, somwetimes wrapped in proscuitto.

• scooter759
    scooter759 Posts: 257
    Options
    Mushrooms, red onion, bell peppers are staples here. There is (or was) a grilled veggie recipe that has a simple but good Asian marinade over on Naked Whiz's site. We get compliments on it all the time.
    Extra Large, 2 Large, Medium, Mini Max, Weber Summit gasser, Weber Q. Mankato, MN
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Options
    Cut veggies cut a little thick coat with olive oil, S&P and you favorite spices and grill. Onions garlic EVOO leave intact. Peppers can be grilled with or without oil. Greens beans are good on the egg.
    One of our favorite veggie cook is the clean out the bin cook. Take all veggies season with EVOO, herbs bay leaf and pepper flakes, tightly seal the foil and cook till done.(nuke the taters for six min on high so they are ready with rest of veggies)
    Veggies and egg were meant for each other.
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx