Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Merry Christmas and may your holiday be filled with delicious food and loved ones...to help you devour the food! Our Holiday Entertaining Guide can help if you’re still making a Christmas menu. If you’re looking for fun, last minute holiday activities, check out EGGcellent Sugar Cookies, BGE Cake Pops, Santa Hat Brownies, Pig Candy or Holiday Drinks! See you in the New Year EGGheads!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Saturday at the Dyal's

Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 1,971

Kroger had Boston Butt on sale last Sunday for $1.49 per pound.  That's a steal these days so I picked one up.  Saved it for today and threw her on at around 7 AM this morning.  Lit the egg up with some Applewood and Hickory at around 6:15 AM. 

In the meantime, we whipped up some homemade buttermilk biscuits and sausage gravy for breakfast.  Also brewed a fresh pot of coffee.  If I was on death row, I think I would request Biscuits n' Gravy and Fried Pork Chops as my last meal.  :) 

While the butt was smoking away, I went to Lowes and picked up some paint supplies.  Then came home and forgot about the BGE for several hours.  We then proceeded to move furniture around, spackle, sand, paint, etc without even checking on the egg.  It maintained an ideal temp of 235 deg f until it was ready. 

Served with a nice creamy SC mustard based sauce.  I swear, that's the best thing about the egg -- your day doesn't have to be fixed around stoking, fighting and adjusting your smoker.  Just set it and forget it.  Hassle free and it produces the most delicious food ever.

The living room color turned out great too.  :)

2014 Co-Wing King

Comments