Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Get ready to turn up the heat as we dive into August. While there are only a few weeks left to perfect those tailgate recipes, summer isn’t over yet! Two things we’ll be making this month are Chile Rubbed Grilled Pork Chops and Bell Pepper Kabobs. Then, relax after a cookout with a cool dessert cooked on your EGG - Ice Cream Sandwiches! You can mix and match your favorite cookie flavors with ice cream flavors. Simple, yet delicious!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

I have conquered the Brisket !

RockosteelRockosteel Posts: 44
Fixed up a solution of beef broth, garlic, melted butter, salt and Worcester sauce and injected the brisket last night. Cooked it at 250 for 4 hours spraying it every 45 min with a vinegar-cider/Worcester mix then placed in a pan with beef broth covered with foil at 300 for another 3 hours. It fell apart, needed no seasoning and no knife. Juices ozzing when it was sliced. BOOM !
Charlotte, nc
image.jpg 130.3K
image.jpg 104.6K

Comments

• FoghornFoghorn Posts: 2,681
    edited May 2013
    Congrats. And you have photographic proof. Feels good, doesn't it?

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

• North_Is_UpNorth_Is_Up Posts: 134
    Looks really nice. Becoming my favorite cut of beef.
    Small (hatched 6/13/2015)
    XL (hatched 4/21/2012)
    CyberQ Wifi, KCBS CTC CBJ
    Northern CA
  • That looks like a tasty treat there.  Congrats!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!
  • Fred19FlintstoneFred19Flintstone Posts: 5,520
    That looks gooood!

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

• Que_n_BrewQue_n_Brew Posts: 565
    Congrats! Brisket continues to kick my $&@
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!
  • HarmeningHarmening Posts: 35
    Is it supposed to fall apart, though?
  • Cookbook_ChipCookbook_Chip Posts: 604
    Nom nom!
    Lovin' my Large Egg since May 2012 (Richmond, VA) ... and makin' cookbooks at http://familycookbookproject.com
    Stoker II wifi
  • chris123stockchris123stock Posts: 664
    looks Awsome great job.
    ^:)^
  • BeerMikeBeerMike Posts: 231
    Harmening said:
    Is it supposed to fall apart, though?
    My opinion: if he likes it falling apart, then it is suppose to fall apart for him. The wonderful thing about cooking is you can do it the way you like it. Have fun!
    I think it's time for another beer! 
    Beer drinking since 1984
    BGEing since 2003
    2 Large BGEs 
  • bigphilbigphil Posts: 1,386
    looks great congrats 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • AviatorAviator Posts: 1,527
    And Travis and CenTex, the masters, say...... ???

Large and Small BGE, and a baby black Kub.

And all the toys to make me look like a Gizmo Chef.

>:)

Chattanooga, TN.

• lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,715
    Great cook-just be ready for the next one to try and throw you a curve-as long as you go with the injection and braise you should get eggcellent results every time...as long as the supervisory adult beverages don't interfere :)
    Louisville   L & S BGEs 
  • The Cen-Tex SmokerThe Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 12,712
    edited May 2013
    Aviator said:

not the way we do them here but it looks really good to me. you have to remember, a brisket is a roast and there are lots of ways to do them. From corned beef and pastrami to bbq to braised. it's all good. i do mine in the style of TX BBQ but that's just my preference. I'd eat a giant plate of this and be thrilled to have it.

• travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,851
    Aviator said:

I may not cook it that way but I'd dang sure eat it.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,425
    If Cen-Tex will eat it I would eat what scraps he leaves behind. Nom nom indeed.