Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

I have conquered the Brisket !

RockosteelRockosteel Posts: 44
Fixed up a solution of beef broth, garlic, melted butter, salt and Worcester sauce and injected the brisket last night. Cooked it at 250 for 4 hours spraying it every 45 min with a vinegar-cider/Worcester mix then placed in a pan with beef broth covered with foil at 300 for another 3 hours. It fell apart, needed no seasoning and no knife. Juices ozzing when it was sliced. BOOM !
Charlotte, nc
image.jpg 130.3K
image.jpg 104.6K
·

Comments

• FoghornFoghorn Posts: 2,648
    edited May 2013
    Congrats. And you have photographic proof. Feels good, doesn't it?

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

·
  • North_Is_UpNorth_Is_Up Posts: 134
    Looks really nice. Becoming my favorite cut of beef.
    Small (hatched 6/13/2015)
    XL (hatched 4/21/2012)
    CyberQ Wifi, KCBS CTC CBJ
    Northern CA
    ·
  • That looks like a tasty treat there.  Congrats!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!
    ·
  • Fred19FlintstoneFred19Flintstone Posts: 5,513
    That looks gooood!

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • Que_n_BrewQue_n_Brew Posts: 565
    Congrats! Brisket continues to kick my $&@
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!
    ·
  • HarmeningHarmening Posts: 35
    Is it supposed to fall apart, though?
    ·
  • Cookbook_ChipCookbook_Chip Posts: 604
    Nom nom!
    Lovin' my Large Egg since May 2012 (Richmond, VA) ... and makin' cookbooks at http://familycookbookproject.com
    Stoker II wifi
    ·
  • chris123stockchris123stock Posts: 664
    looks Awsome great job.
    ^:)^
    ·
  • BeerMikeBeerMike Posts: 231
    Harmening said:
    Is it supposed to fall apart, though?
    My opinion: if he likes it falling apart, then it is suppose to fall apart for him. The wonderful thing about cooking is you can do it the way you like it. Have fun!
    I think it's time for another beer! 
    Beer drinking since 1984
    BGEing since 2003
    2 Large BGEs 
    ·
  • bigphilbigphil Posts: 1,386
    looks great congrats 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
    ·
  • AviatorAviator Posts: 1,526
    And Travis and CenTex, the masters, say...... ???

Large and Small BGE, and a baby black Kub.

And all the toys to make me look like a Gizmo Chef.

>:)

Chattanooga, TN.

·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,688
    Great cook-just be ready for the next one to try and throw you a curve-as long as you go with the injection and braise you should get eggcellent results every time...as long as the supervisory adult beverages don't interfere :)
    Louisville   L & S BGEs 
    ·
  • The Cen-Tex SmokerThe Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 12,712
    edited May 2013
    Aviator said:

not the way we do them here but it looks really good to me. you have to remember, a brisket is a roast and there are lots of ways to do them. From corned beef and pastrami to bbq to braised. it's all good. i do mine in the style of TX BBQ but that's just my preference. I'd eat a giant plate of this and be thrilled to have it.

·
  • travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,851
    Aviator said:

I may not cook it that way but I'd dang sure eat it.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,416
    If Cen-Tex will eat it I would eat what scraps he leaves behind. Nom nom indeed.
    ·