Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Looking forward to a delicious Christmas dinner? Keep our Holiday Entertaining Publication handy throughout December for all your holiday dinner needs. But you can also find some of our favorites on our Country Christmas page, including Christmas Ham and Peach Cobbler. Happy cooking!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Round 2: Picanha

calikingcaliking Posts: 5,795
edited May 2013 in EggHead Forum
So after the success with the parm crusted pork, tonight I fired up the egg to grill up the picanha.

Got my garlic fix today. Tossed a garlic bulb, some EVOO, and pink Himalayan salt into my mortar and pestle. Mashed it all up to make a creamy buttery garlic paste. 

Lit the small egg with Wicked Good. I must say - I love the stuff now! Lit up evenly, was at 400°F in barely 15mins. Burns cleanly. I've gotta get more of this stuff. Back to the cook - slathered the the garlic paste on to the meat, sprinkled some more pink salt on,  and started grilling. I used one of the 2-pronged skewers today and like how it works. The lid closes easily over it, meat is stable and doesn't turn. 

Peek-a-boo!

Pulled them when the IT hit 145°F.

Man were these good! I think I liked them better than ribeyes, because they had great meaty/beefy flavor without being too fatty. Don't get me wrong - I love the flavor of beef fat, but these had a cleaner beefy taste that really appealed to me.

Thanks for looking. Next up: grouper marinated in a green chile marinade (I think) but I can't remember what its called. Looks and smells damn good though. Maybe @Griffin knows?

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.

Comments