Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Hop on down to your nearest EGG dealer this week to pick up some Easter EGGcessories! Here are a few that may be useful for Easter, the V-rack, electric charcoal lighter and flexible skewers! Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Round 2: Picanha

calikingcaliking Posts: 4,514
edited May 2013 in EggHead Forum
So after the success with the parm crusted pork, tonight I fired up the egg to grill up the picanha.

Got my garlic fix today. Tossed a garlic bulb, some EVOO, and pink Himalayan salt into my mortar and pestle. Mashed it all up to make a creamy buttery garlic paste. 

Lit the small egg with Wicked Good. I must say - I love the stuff now! Lit up evenly, was at 400°F in barely 15mins. Burns cleanly. I've gotta get more of this stuff. Back to the cook - slathered the the garlic paste on to the meat, sprinkled some more pink salt on,  and started grilling. I used one of the 2-pronged skewers today and like how it works. The lid closes easily over it, meat is stable and doesn't turn. 

Peek-a-boo!

Pulled them when the IT hit 145°F.

Man were these good! I think I liked them better than ribeyes, because they had great meaty/beefy flavor without being too fatty. Don't get me wrong - I love the flavor of beef fat, but these had a cleaner beefy taste that really appealed to me.

Thanks for looking. Next up: grouper marinated in a green chile marinade (I think) but I can't remember what its called. Looks and smells damn good though. Maybe @Griffin knows?

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.

Comments