Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

OK, GA Mt. Eggfest Cooks!

egretegret Posts: 4,035
You're in for a major treat if you're one of the lucky winners!! Clayton Roberts, aka our very own Clay Q, had handcrafted two totally amazing and beautiful gifts. 
Here's the descriptions in his own words : 

"Here are two gifts/door prizes that I made from honey gold ash, a local hardwood here in Wisconsin. It’s hard and heavy so it makes good bread and cutting boards. 
The Baker’s BreadBoard is designed for making breads, pizzas and pastries. A key feature is a lip that overhangs a counter top or table edge so the board does not creep when kneading dough. And it’s reversible when in a position other than at the edge of a table. Size is 23” x 17” x 1 3/8” thick. 

The other gift is a Bakers CuttingBoard. You guessed it, for cutting Artisan bread. This is also made of honey gold ash. Size is 19” x 12” x ¾” thick.
Both boards are signed!" 

Clay, I'm just blown away at these two works of art! Thank you so much for doing this and for your generous support.......
ClayQ1.jpg 238.6K
ClayQ3.jpg 215.5K
·

Comments

• ChubbyChubby Posts: 2,938

Yes...thgose are beautiful John!!

Very kind of Clay to contribute...(and a good thing I'm driving)...so I can haul all these toys home!!

I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
    ·
  • SkinnyVSkinnyV Posts: 2,705
    Nice work and very generous.
    Seattle, WA
    ·
  • Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,343
    Chubby. We will be there cooking too. Hope to meet you there.
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
    ·
  • egretegret Posts: 4,035
    Chubby. We will be there cooking too. Hope to meet you there.
    You have to be careful what you hope for, Joan!! :)) :))
    ·
  • MrossMross Posts: 335
    edited May 2013
    I am bringing a bunch of tasters. Look forward to meeting everyone and learning from you Eggcellent cooks.
    Duncan, SC
    ·
  • egretegret Posts: 4,035
    Mross said:
    I am bringing a bunch of tasters. Look forward to meeting everyone and learning from you Eggcellent cooks.
    Look forward to your coming to the fest. This one's shaping up to be one to remember.......in a good kind of way!! :)) :))
    ·
  • MrossMross Posts: 335
    Trying to get a final head count but it looks like at least 6 to 8 coming with me. I will figure out some kind of appetizer I can bring for the meet and greet friday. See ya in the mountains.
    Duncan, SC
    ·