I'm looking for something that will get me up and running quicker than starting my LBE with fire starters or the electric starter. I know a bunch of you use a weed burner/propane torch. Not sure how many use the Looflighter. Looking into both but never seeing either in action, here's what I've determined to be the pro's and con's of each.
- Need access to 20 lb propane tank in close proximity to egg
- Can be found for $20 - $30.
- Appears to require more space for storage
- Costly at approximately $80
- Questions about durability
- Need access to electricity (not a problem for me)
Am I missing anything? Also, can anyone who is familiar with both tell me if one device will help me bring the lump up to temp quicker than the others?
Large BGE, Medium BGE, Kamado Joe Jr and 36" Blackstone Griddle owner/operator from Los Angeles