Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

new gasket

pineypiney Posts: 614
I just installed a new Rutland gasket with Copper Permatex, have fired up the egg with some leftover lump. I have been without a gasket for a couple years, just thought I'd try one.
Lenoir, N.C.
·

Comments

• ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,442
    Review when done. Thanks in advance
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 7,057
    @piney: can you post the part number for the gasket?

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • pineypiney Posts: 614
    Caliking, I bought Rutland Grapho-Glas 5/8x84in item #95-6 Ace has this in stock for about 7-8 bucks. When I put it on I bunched it up a little to make it wider and shorter a large egg is 67in so this worked great.
    Lenoir, N.C.
    ·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 7,057
    @piney: Thanks!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,958
    Looking forward to your thoughts. I've got one laying around the house somewhere waiting to be put on. I'd half to do a search for it as I'm sure the wife moved it somewhere.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
    Griffin said:
    Looking forward to your thoughts. I've got one laying around the house somewhere waiting to be put on. I'd half to do a search for it as I'm sure the wife moved it somewhere.
    Yeah, yeah, always the wife's fault, huh?? And, do you "half" or "have" to do a search?? Just trying to be like you guys in the earlier thread. Boom.
    ·
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    Yeah griffin! And you were going to make me feel stupid?

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·
    Yeah Griffin.  >:P
    ·
  • pineypiney Posts: 614
    Griffin, I got the egg rolling as we speak with.....Griffin's Old School Brisket. The brisket is a small one that we raised about 3lbs with 50/50 salt & pepper rub 250 grid. The gasket is working great no loss of smoke etc. will keep ypu informed.
    Lenoir, N.C.
    ·