Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

new gasket

pineypiney Posts: 652
I just installed a new Rutland gasket with Copper Permatex, have fired up the egg with some leftover lump. I have been without a gasket for a couple years, just thought I'd try one.
Lenoir, N.C.

Comments

• ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,587
    Review when done. Thanks in advance
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 7,162
    @piney: can you post the part number for the gasket?

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • pineypiney Posts: 652
    Caliking, I bought Rutland Grapho-Glas 5/8x84in item #95-6 Ace has this in stock for about 7-8 bucks. When I put it on I bunched it up a little to make it wider and shorter a large egg is 67in so this worked great.
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 7,162
    @piney: Thanks!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 7,076
    Looking forward to your thoughts. I've got one laying around the house somewhere waiting to be put on. I'd half to do a search for it as I'm sure the wife moved it somewhere.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

Griffin said:
    Looking forward to your thoughts. I've got one laying around the house somewhere waiting to be put on. I'd half to do a search for it as I'm sure the wife moved it somewhere.
    Yeah, yeah, always the wife's fault, huh?? And, do you "half" or "have" to do a search?? Just trying to be like you guys in the earlier thread. Boom.
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    Yeah griffin! And you were going to make me feel stupid?

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

Yeah Griffin.  >:P
  • pineypiney Posts: 652
    Griffin, I got the egg rolling as we speak with.....Griffin's Old School Brisket. The brisket is a small one that we raised about 3lbs with 50/50 salt & pepper rub 250 grid. The gasket is working great no loss of smoke etc. will keep ypu informed.
    Lenoir, N.C.